groovyPost Forums

Button Firefox

Guest Galdino

Guest Galdino

Hallo,

I often use Firefox, a great browser, and sometimes go to Tools - Options - Security - saved password to read and erase the passwords for the sites that I visit.

Do you know if there is a way to shorten this path, maybe insert something in the toolbar to speed up this task?

Thank you

Guest Galdino
I'd recommend just changing the settings so it doesn't remember your passwords. Why is that enabled if you are just going to clear it anyways...

The problem is that I have to delete a single password at a time and not all.

Thanks the same.

Bye

Hi Galdino,

Welcome to the site!

I know there is a way to set it so that an individual site will never remember your password, so you will never have to go in and delete the password for that particular site.

As far as a faster way of manually selecting and clearing passwords from sites that are already recorded... Well there isn't a faster way. You'll have to manually select the password you want to clear, but there is a tool for clearing all of them quickly.

It sounds like the first option I mentioned may be of more interest to you, in that case, you may way to create a new profile and start from scratch, then when visiting each site you will be prompted with the option.

The exception list can be viewed under the Tools > Options > Security tab.

2m628ap.png

Each site will display a pop-up near the top of your browser from then on. To add the site to to the exception list just click "Never for this site."

2m3psgg.png

If you already have built an exception list with another browser you can sync it using this add on: SyncPlaces

As far as manually editing the list without visiting the site.. Well unfortunately Firefox hasn't thought that far ahead. The only way to do so is to edit a .msql file that can be extremely complicated.

In all honesty though Firefox is not the most secure way to store any passwords and I recommend taking a look at this thread security/secure-password-storage-t95535.html for more information on finding a secure password storage solution.

Personally I store 0 passwords using the Firefox tool, all of mine are done using password management software that integrate rather nicely.

Thanks for the question, please let me know how it goes or if you have further trouble with this.

• 2 months later...
Hi Galdino,

Welcome to the site!

I know there is a way to set it so that an individual site will never remember your password, so you will never have to go in and delete the password for that particular site.

As far as a faster way of manually selecting and clearing passwords from sites that are already recorded... Well there isn't a faster way. You'll have to manually select the password you want to clear, but there is a tool for clearing all of them quickly.

It sounds like the first option I mentioned may be of more interest to you, in that case, you may way to create a new profile and start from scratch, then when visiting each site you will be prompted with the option.

The exception list can be viewed under the Tools > Options > Security tab.

2m628ap.png

Each site will display a pop-up near the top of your browser from then on. To add the site to to the exception list just click "Never for this site."

2m3psgg.png

If you already have built an exception list with another browser you can sync it using this add on: SyncPlaces

As far as manually editing the list without visiting the site.. Well unfortunately Firefox hasn't thought that far ahead. The only way to do so is to edit a .msql file that can be extremely complicated.

In all honesty though Firefox is not the most secure way to store any passwords and I recommend taking a look at this thread security/secure-password-storage-t95535.html for more information on finding a secure password storage solution.

Personally I store 0 passwords using the Firefox tool, all of mine are done using password management software that integrate rather nicely.

Thanks for the question, please let me know how it goes or if you have further trouble with this.

Additionally to gD's excellent advice you can also use the Ccleaner : read all about in Mr. Groove's article..http://www.groovypost.com/howto/securit ... -ccleaner/

CCleaner Very Groovy!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Under the options/settings you can select to delete passwords etc every time you run the cleaner. How ever always remember to back up your computer especially if you use the advance options in the cleaner. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...