groovyPost Forums

How to set iPhone browser to a custom search provider?

Guest Animis

Guest Animis

Hey so even with the new update I noticed that you still only have 2 search engines to choose from as your default with Safari.

• Google

• Yahoo

Any ideas how to switch it to... oh say, Bing? :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
Hey so even with the new update I noticed that you still only have 2 search engines to choose from as your default with Safari.

• Google

• Yahoo

Any ideas how to switch it to... oh say, Bing? :wink:

It was probably big bucks paid in order to have it set to google. Im going to be it will not be possible to change it.

Yeah you'll have to jailbreak it.

Jailbreaking could void any warranty you might have as well as permanently damage your device.

There seem to be some pretty safe methods out there now though for going through with this, so you can always give it a shot and report back results. :) I've been tempted to do it with mine just to test things out, but have still yet to make the plunge.

• 1 year later...
I was told about this browser called Skyfire can I get it without a jailbreak. It is globally available browser which allows Adobe Flash Player videos.

Skyfire is officially available in the app store for $2.99

It can only play some flash videos. It can't do games or apps, and it has trouble with the videos it does play. But, if you are desperate for flash it is probably the best route to go short of jailbreaking.