groovyPost Forums

Can I automatically schedule Outlook 2010 to send a calendar on work days?

Austin
Go to solution Solved by Austin,

Jeff writes:

I have read a few of your articles about scheduling Outlook emails. I have a question about taking this a step further. In our office, we have Outlook 2010.

Issue – some of the execs have now asked that the subordinates email them a daily plan. Every morning we email our calendars with “limited details” to our bosses. Many of us forget when we come straight into full voicemail boxes and back-to-back meetings. So I have been looking for a way to use a Rule or some other mechanism to do this each weekday automatically.

I hope you get the idea by now, but… Each morning at a specified time, Outlook will email my daily calendar with limited details to a specified list.

Of course, we all share calendars with each other. Some of the bosses will take the 2 clicks to check our calendars, but others want it sent as described above.

Any ideas?

-Jeff

• Solution

I don't know of any easy way to do this.

There are some add-ins you can buy. The downside is they cost $$. Double check that they work with 64-bit if you are using that.

The hard way
With some Visual Basic knowledge it should be possible to write a script that does this. These three pages can get you started on the code required for it.

Perhaps someone else might have a better answer.