groovyPost Forums

Windows 7 issues during startup

Hello, I turn on my computer (windows 7 64bit)and everything loads up fine. I click on a icon, cursor goes around and then nothing.

Restarting the PC and sometimes it works OK. Other times turn off completely w/full reboot, turn on and sometimes I'm OK. Sometimes it takes usually 2-3 times however today I was OK the after the first restart.

I feel a reintall coming on unless anyone can help??

Dave

Hi @Dave - the first thing I would do is examine all your startup apps that are loading during startup. You could have a simple issue with a virus (well not simple but understandable) or you could have an app that is hanging up during the reboot process.

Type in MSConfig after you reboot and then Click the Startup Tab. Go through the list there and disable all the crapware that doesn't need to be there. If you have a question about something in there, just drop a comment here below my answer and I can help ya.

You should also make sure you have the latest AV installed. Read this: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/news/microsoft-security-essentials-2-0-the-only-windows-antivirus-you-need/ and install it. It's a free AV package from Microsoft that is very good.

Hope this helps!