groovyPost Forums

What is the best computer monitor out there right now?

Go to solution Solved by dw96,

It's that time.... I need to upgrade the system at home a bit. Does anyone have a GREAT monitor they just bought or have you recently done some research you can share with me? Also, if you have any links to some good deals, please share!

My old setup before I gave it to someone in the family was 2 DELL Ultrasharp 24 inch monitors however I'm hearing Samsung has some pretty nice gear out there now.

Thanks!

Recently I purchased a HUGE Dell 27Inch Monitor at work and wow... there is no going back to a 24inch after this baby was installed. Looking on the back of the Monitor it's a DELL 2709WB. I have no idea what my boss paid for this thing ($800???) however after using it for a year, all I can say is WOW. If I were you, I would grab 2 of these and you would be done!

Recently I purchased a HUGE Dell 27Inch Monitor at work and wow... there is no going back to a 24inch after this baby was installed. Looking on the back of the Monitor it's a DELL 2709WB. I have no idea what my boss paid for this thing ($800???) however after using it for a year, all I can say is WOW. If I were you, I would grab 2 of these and you would be done!

FYI - That 27inch DELL is about 3 years old? Might want to see if there's a new one now.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

How to choose an awesome monitor (simple guide by DW96) :D

1. Look for the right resolution (preferably 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1680x1050)
  2. Look for the right response time (for office work, 5ms is fine, but movies and gaming NEED 2ms for sure)
  3. Get an LED monitor (if you can) - saves energy, produces a much more natural white color and is way better for the environment
  4. Pick a good output method - get a monitor with multiple inputs to maximize your productivity when connecting to different machines. For a PC you'd want no more than DVI, but for a PS3, for example, you need to make sure you have HDMI (and preferably built-in speakers)
  5. Make sure your wallet still feels heavy after the purchase - or in other words - the most expensive isn't always the best - look at reviews and tests before you make a final decision.
  6. ENJOY YOUR NEW MONITOR

• 3 weeks later...

How to choose an awesome monitor (simple guide by DW96) :D

1. Look for the right resolution (preferably 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1680x1050)
  2. Look for the right response time (for office work, 5ms is fine, but movies and gaming NEED 2ms for sure)
  3. Get an LED monitor (if you can) - saves energy, produces a much more natural white color and is way better for the environment
  4. Pick a good output method - get a monitor with multiple inputs to maximize your productivity when connecting to different machines. For a PC you'd want no more than DVI, but for a PS3, for example, you need to make sure you have HDMI (and preferably built-in speakers)
  5. Make sure your wallet still feels heavy after the purchase - or in other words - the most expensive isn't always the best - look at reviews and tests before you make a final decision.
  6. ENJOY YOUR NEW MONITOR

I always read the reviews on both Amazon and Newegg for computer hardware before buying it.