groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2007 when Forwarding "Cut" Very Slow

Guest jayseee

Guest jayseee

Hi, This is my first post so apologies if I have transgressed any formalities etc.

I run a Vista Ultimate PC ,Quad core, 4Gb Ram, Anti V is NOD32 , Office 2007 Enterprise SP1.

The problem is, Outlook has started to exhibit slow "Cutting" when I attempt to clean up emails before forwarding them.

Regards, Jayseee

Hi, This is my first post so apologies if I have transgressed any formalities etc.

I run a Vista Ultimate PC ,Quad core, 4Gb Ram, Anti V is NOD32 , Office 2007 Enterprise SP1.

The problem is, Outlook has started to exhibit slow "Cutting" when I attempt to clean up emails before forwarding them.

Regards, Jayseee

Hi Jasee,

It's cool. mrgroove is a groovy dude and were pretty lax around here.

I've been using your exact config (except for the NOD32 config) for a year now and i've never seen this issue. I did a search here on groovypost and found 2 article that might help???

#1 - First link link has to do with slow autocomplete but it was from how mcafee interacts with the autocomplete

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... -complete/

#2 - Some patches and updates for outlook

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... nt-search/

This is an old article so I'm going to guess it's outdated. At least it's a place to start.

My bot however is there is something going on with your Anti-Virus and Outlook.

Cheers!

Yeah bud it sounds like NOD32 might be messing with your outlook. My guess is it is trying to scan every email so this affects overall performance but it probably wouldn't be noticeable until outlook tries to access your clipboard.

Hi Jayseee! Welcome to the site!

So, this is an odd one for sure!

How many emails do you have in your inbox? IE: how big is your inbox? To get that info, just right click on your Mailbox and click "Properties for "Mailbox - Jayseee". Then click Foldersize button. Total size should be listed in KB. What is that number?

Mine is 206470KB or 200 Megs.

Did you notice the slowness started when this number grew?

Next thought would be to create a new profile and see if the system exhibits slowness when you clean up emails.

Lastly, is outlook slow during any other times? Drafting a new email or replying to an email?

Guest jayseee

Thanks but my Mailbox is always kept low ie 20 Mb at the moment .

Something else to add to the symptoms is that when I select an area to "Cut" and then right click and press cut the selected area (in my case the Blue area) disappears instantly , but then the delay starts and the Vista wheel logo starts revolving .

I will try a new profile later to see what that does .

Regards, John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jayseee

No joy I'm afraid . I've tried an alternate Outlook profile , removed NOD32 .

The "Slow Cutting Issue" is also showing in other MS applications now. eg Word .

It did go away at one point for a very short period but I couldn't pinpoint that I was doing anything different .

I will continue to live with it.

John

Hmm this is very strange indeed. I have tried to recreate your "slow cut" problem and can't seem to get it no matter what I try.

It sounds like your computer is being affected by a resource sucking process running on the PC. Is this a store-bought (Dell/HP) or a home-built PC. Also is there anything running in the background like a HDD monitor, or could you have been infected by malware?

If you post your current running processes I would be able to determine if it was another program causing the issue.

To list your running processes, go to Start Menu > Run, type CMD and hit enter. A command prompt will open. Type in the command box, tasklist /svc. This will show all of your current running processes in the command prompt window. Drag your mouse over them all, or right-click and hit Select-All. Copy and Paste them onto here.

Guest jayseee

Thanks for the reply and staying with me.

I failed to be able to copy and paste the tasklist within the cmd window .It just wouldn't Copy after I Selected All.

Not to worry though . I noticed that two Sessions of Chrome were open. I closed both and the problem is gone .

It's a bit late now but I will experiment more and see if one or more sessions of Chrome causes the problem tomorrow.

Thanks again , John

Guest jayseee

Mmmmmm not that good news . By a process of elim.. I established it's not Chrome but it is Roxio 10 that is causing the problem . I removed anything Roxio in Startup and all now goes well .

Must look into compatibility issues of Roxio 10 and Vista Ult,

Regards, John

One thing I use from time to time is the simple Task Manager.

To open the Task Manager, just click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Once open, click the Processes Tab and click the CPU Column a few times to sort the various Processes by CPU load. This should tell you what is taking a lot of resources and slowing down your box.

Now..... true - CPU is only 1 of many KPI's (Key performance Indicators)but I use it often to find those rogue processes which are causing my system to grind to a halt.

Keep us updated on your findings!

Thanks!

Ah ha, yes roxio is the culprit, it actually has been known to cause this problem, it has to do with Roxio's disk monitor. Your're also right to suspect compatibility problems with Vista bcause XP users aren't reportng this. Though if you had a super computer you still may not have noticed anything in Vista.

I'll post a fix if available once I get home, (currently on the iPhone)