groovyPost Forums

Virtual Clone Drive issue

Guest rickyd74

Guest rickyd74

im having trouble with this , i downloaded & installed the program , however when i go to mount , it does not give me the option to do so . there is a manual file for a shortcut and an uninstall file . when i right click virtualclonedrive , explore open search scan with ad aware , these are the things listed . what am i doing wrong? i've rebooted the vista home premium edition machine and tried it just sits there. this is an amd turion processor..not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. any help you can give is appreciated.

Hi Ricky!

Were going to get this going for you I promise!

Do you have the Sheep lookin thing in your Windows explorer like the last 2 pictures in this article:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... ta-and-xp/

Is this where your right clicking on the Icon? Or are you right clicking on the icon in the Toolbar (bottom right of screen next to clock? Do you have that icon?

Guest rickyd74

this is vista 32bit & yes i have tried rebooting, turning the system off and waiting 2 or 3 hours for no reason etc.. i have also tried installing and uninstalling. this is a brand new machince right out of the box not a rebuild or an machine that has had mulitple things installed or uninstalled etc.

this is vista 32bit & yes i have tried rebooting, turning the system off and waiting 2 or 3 hours for no reason etc.. i have also tried installing and uninstalling. this is a brand new machine right out of the box not a rebuild or an machine that has had multiple things installed or uninstalled etc.

Ok. Clean machines are nice.

After you reboot and see the icon on the desktop, Double Click on it.

It should prompt you to select the number of clone drives you want to use:

FE2PSEXEC.png.5bd556992e4908fc24c984f24827eddd.png

Were you able to get this far?

Keep us updated :!:

clone01.jpg.a4be431fb4be08b6c50308aa77186ad4.jpg

clonedrive-mount.jpg.3dc5385a81ae5abe6fc0c70e5641b4d6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You should just goto MagicISO.

It's free, easy to use and compatible with XP, Vista, Server 2008 and unlike Virtual Clone drive, it support x64. Virtual Clone Drive is x86 or 32bit only.

Try that out and post back if your fixed!

Ever since MrGroove wrote that article about MagicISO on Server 2008, I cutover all my desktops and servers to it. Very Happy :lol::lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest mackenzie

ok so i downloaded this and did everything properly

mounted the iso and when i click on it it says "windows cannot access this disc"

then it goes on to tell about how it needs to be formatted and everything

any help?

mounted the iso and when i click on it it says "windows cannot access this disc"

any help?

Hi Mackenzie! Welcome to the site!

Most likely the problem is not with your install or what your doing but rather, the problem is the ISO. Do you have another ISO you can mount and test out?

Let me know. I can create a small ISO if needed and post it somewhere you can grab it.

any help?

Sounds like you have a bad ISO file.

any help?

Hi Mackenzie! Welcome to the site!

Most likely the problem is not with your install or what your doing but rather, the problem is the ISO. Do you have another ISO you can mount and test out?

Let me know. I can create a small ISO if needed and post it somewhere you can grab it.

You should also go download MAGIC ISO (that's what I use) and see if you have the same problem. BTW - you can grab an ISO file anywhere these days. try a few of them to make sure it's not a dud like groovy dude said. :idea:

Guest Animis

I like to use Daemon tools Lite. Haven't tried virtual clone drive or magic ISO.

But yeah it sounds like you have a corrupted ISO file or in some cases a file won't be readable by certain virtual drive software if it was made by another software brand, such is the case with Alcohol %120 formatted discs.

I like to use Daemon tools Lite. Haven't tried virtual clone drive or magic ISO.

But yeah it sounds like you have a corrupted ISO file or in some cases a file won't be readable by certain virtual drive software if it was made by another software brand, such is the case with Alcohol %120 formatted discs.

Be careful with Daemon Tools products. I've heard they are full of spyware...

http://digg.com/security/Daemon_Tools_Goes_Spyware_

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1367/how ... areadware/

• 5 months later...
Guest matan504
this is vista 32bit & yes i have tried rebooting, turning the system off and waiting 2 or 3 hours for no reason etc.. i have also tried installing and uninstalling. this is a brand new machine right out of the box not a rebuild or an machine that has had multiple things installed or uninstalled etc.

Ok. Clean machines are nice.

After you reboot and see the icon on the desktop, Double Click on it.

It should prompt you to select the number of clone drives you want to use:

FE2PSEXEC.png.5bd556992e4908fc24c984f24827eddd.pngclonedrive-mount.jpg[/attachment]

Were you able to get this far?

Keep us updated :!:

hei,

I have problems with making virtual drives on my system. i have a 32 bit windows vista. i didn't have a problem before i installed a new version of deamon tools and it stuck my system. after i restarted it seems that i can't see any virtual drives with any program (virtual CloneDrive included)

in the device manager i see that under storage controllers there is a "!" mark on SCSI/RAID Host Controller and when i press properties it says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

do you have any ideas?

would really appreciate any help

Matan

Guest matan504

hei alexmvp,

Thanks for the fast reply.

As I wrote, I already uninstalled the deamon tools and tried magic ISO, alcohol 120% and now virtual CloneDrive.

With all of them I get the same problem, in which I can't see the virtual drive in My Computer as I could before the problem.

I can't mount images, and in the device manager i see that under storage controllers there is a "!" mark on SCSI/RAID Host Controller and when i press properties it says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

The SCSI/RAID Host Controller only appears when I ask for a virtual drive, so I guess that's what the system finds when I enable the virtual drive.

One fix i found was, open up the command prompt and enter these commands.

Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

Bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Reboot the computer and reinstall, see if it works.

Make sure you are really running 32 bit vista, this is known to happen to 64 bit users quite often.

Guest matan504

Hey,

It didn't work, but thanks for trying.

And I do have windows 32-bit version.

I think I might have some drivers missing in my windows system and need to use "repair" from my windows DVD :(

When all else fails I always stick to the ultimate solution fix for every problem in XP/Vista.

Upgrade to Windows 7!

(though very few virtual drives are currently compatible with it, actually I havent found out which one works yet)

• 8 months later...

I absolutely agree about DT Lite! It has a very friendly UI and it's easy to use!