groovyPost Forums

Shared folder in Dropbox

My gf and I use dropbox and we have a shared folder. I have 7.5 gigs of space and she 3. Our shared folder with only pictures in it, is almost 3 gigs. What happends when the 3 gig is reached and my gf doesnt have any space to store, and I keep adding photo's to the shared folder? Will she still be able to view them??

Then thats whats going to happen i think. I created the folder. Thanks for answering :-)

Let me know what happens. I think even tho you created the folder, if she is SYNC'ing it, it will count against her quota as well.

The only solution is to make it a public gallery PUBLIC\PHOTOS\ then share her the photogallery link. Then she is just looking at the gallery and not actually sync'ing the photos.

Larry just answered my question. When my gf reaches her limit the folder stops syncing. So I can add all the files I want, she wont be able to see the files because she have reached her limit. Here's the answer.

DropBox is king of the file sizes. Here’s what I just found out about at their site:

==================

Files uploaded to Dropbox via the desktop application have no file size limit.

Files uploaded through the website (by pressing the upload button) have a 300 MB cap. In other words, each file you upload through the website must be 300 MB or less.

All files uploaded to your Dropbox must be smaller than the size of your Dropbox account’s storage quota. For example, if you have a free 2 GB account, you can upload one 2 GB file or many files that all add up to 2 GB. If you are over your storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing until you are below your limit.

===============

Larry

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/review/ ... -showdown/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...