groovyPost Forums

Brother all-in-one MFC-990CW

Guest Babs

Hi there!

Well, I'm hoping that I've found the little miracle printer I've been searching for! If anyone owns one of these Brother all-in-one MFC-990CW printers, I'd love to hear your opinions. I've talked to both their support staff and another helpful rep who assures me that this machine is absolutely compatible with Windows 7. Another really great selling point is their lifetime support....plus their reasonably priced extended warranty.

And then, I've found a pretty good deal on this particular model.

Here's just one of the reviews I've read on this printer.....it all sounds pretty darned good to me! :)

http://www.technofile.com/articles/brother_mfc-990.asp

Thanks so much!

Babs

LMBO! :) I live to serve and....Lucky You....I haven't quite reached my "miracle" quota for the year! :wink:

After finding a sweet little deal on this printer at amazon.com, plus an even sweeter deal on replacement ink cartridges (generic ink cartridges aside), with free two day shipping and handling, I plunked down my money and, with a smile on my face (hoping like hell that this Brother's printer is all it's touted to be), I hurried on over to eBay to see what my used HP Photosmart C7280 was going for. Surprisingly, and with the excellent condition my current printer is in, I simply cannot lose. It's a head-shaking shame how many people lie through their teeth claiming that the Photosmart C7280 is Win 7 compatible. When I advertise mine, it's going to be as XP and Vista compatible....which is the absolute truth.

So I thank you, sincerely, for advising me to get smart and burn this Photosmart in effigy (pretending that it is HP and their completely inept support team!) Now comes the waiting.....and I'm so anxious for my new printer to arrive I can barely stand myself....lol!

And now, of course, I have another question....which I will post as "IZArc 4.1." And just hope I'm not making a nuisance of myself with all these techie questions. :)

Thanks bunches for all your help!

Babs

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick note to bring you all up to date on the PERFECT WIRELESS installation of my Brother MFC-990CW. What a dream of an install. The product came with implicit instructions....had to download Win7 drivers and software (no big deal there). But, I'm telling you, this was the slickest install of any printer I've ever owned. I totally love it! And, contrary to popular belief, hooking this printer up wirelessly has had little to no effect on the printing speed.

It's an awesome machine! Fabulous color! Fax hasn't been hooked up yet because I need a new line put in but I'm sure that installation will go every bit as smoothly as the wireless setup.

I would, without qualm, recommend this great little all-in-one wonder without hesitation or regret! :)

Babs

• 1 year later...
Guest joshua
Hi there!

Well, I'm hoping that I've found the little miracle printer I've been searching for! If anyone owns one of these Brother all-in-one MFC-990CW printers, I'd love to hear your opinions. I've talked to both their support staff and another helpful rep who assures me that this machine is absolutely compatible with Windows 7. Another really great selling point is their lifetime support....plus their reasonably priced extended warranty.

And then, I've found a pretty good deal on this particular model.

Here's just one of the reviews I've read on this printer.....it all sounds pretty darned good to me! :)

http://www.technofile.com/articles/brother_mfc-990.asp

Thanks so much!

Babs

in terms of its ink consumption,is it true that MFC-990CW is so economical?? and come to think of it brother ink is not that expensive.