Sign in to follow this  
UnhappyComputerUser

Where do e-mail attachments save to?

I use Internet Explorer and gmail for my e-mail services. I recently edited a document and saved it, but I do not know where it saved. i read the info discussion for Outlook users, but I have not had any luck finding a hidden folder with my document. Please help.

I use Internet Explorer and gmail for my e-mail services. I recently edited a document and saved it, but I do not know where it saved. i read the info discussion for Outlook users, but I have not had any luck finding a hidden folder with my document. Please help.

You edited it and saved it? Where did you edit it? Inside GMAIL or Google Docs?

Sometimes what I do to find lost documents is I just repeat the process, do a save or save as then see where the browser or application is saving the files. I then copy that path and tadaa, there's all my files. :)

Another method if you know the file name is do a search in a dos window. This is a big OLD SCHOOL but I use it from time to time.

1 - Just hit "Windows Key + R"

2 - Type CMD then press ENTER Key

3 - From the Dos Window, type:

dir /
dir lostfile.doc /s

Obviously replace the filename lostfile.doc with whatever file your looking for. Or, if you only know a part of the file just do a lost*.* /s and this will give you any file that starts with lost etc...

Good luck!