groovyPost Forums

Google Apps Sync for Outlook 2010 64-bit

Huh?

Just saw Google Release support for Outlook 2010 64 bit with the Google Apps Sync Client:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/ans ... 4#gappsreq

Notice it talks about regarding the OUtlook 2010 client:

Microsoft Outlook® 2010 (32 and 64 bit) and this free/busy hotfix

Note that only MSI-based editions of Outlook 2010 are supported, not Click-to-Run editions. If you're using Click-to-Run, you can follow these instructions from Microsoft to Switch to using an MSI-based Office edition.

What the heck is "MSI Based Editions"???? Vs. Click-to-run editions??? I installed Outlook from a DVD, what is that?

Anyone install the new SYNC client yet?

Hi shockersh

I installed Office 2010 32 bit start out of the box, took a chance that it was probably a MSI edition, and installed the sync - works liked a charm ever since :D See from microsoft office support, that if you have a click-to-run version, it should appear under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, as "Microsoft Office Click-To-Run 2010".

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
Hi shockersh

I installed Office 2010 32 bit start out of the box, took a chance that it was probably a MSI edition, and installed the sync - works liked a charm ever since :D See from microsoft office support, that if you have a click-to-run version, it should appear under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, as "Microsoft Office Click-To-Run 2010".

Sue

Awesome! I've been waiting for an office 2010 64-bit version before I upgraded my work box to Office 2010.

BTW - Sue is right, the Click to Run Office 2010 is normally only for home users who are upgrading the FREE Office or Trial shipped on home machines. All DVD and Volume License installs are the standard MSI download.