groovyPost Forums

Problems with file permissions

Guest keschjr

Guest keschjr

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 OS. I installed Microsoft Office 2003 on the new computer because I could not afford Office 2007 yet. Outlook works fine when it comes to sending/receiving new e-mails. However, when I try to open my archive folder from the old computer (I saved the file on an external hard drive), I keep getting a message saying that "permission is denied". I tried changing the permissions, and I even followed the instructions here, with no luck: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... s-folders/

I am completely out of ideas at this point. Could someone please offer me a solution?

Thanks!

Guest keschjr

The plot thickens. I downloaded the zip file to the C drive, the same drive where the archive file is stored, and I couldn't open it; permission was denied. Could it be a problem with the drive itself? Is there a way to block one from opening any files on a drive? I would think I wouldn't be able to open any programs if my C drive were somehow "locked".....

Thanks for the help and for any further help you can offer! I really appreciate it.

Right Click the files, click properties then click Security Tab. Is your name listed there? You can also click the Security Tab then Click Advanced. Click Owner and then click your name to take ownership. Fixed?

Guest keschjr

Once I moved the file to an external hard drive, I was able to import it into Outlook. Therefore, this has got to be a problem with C drive access. Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help!