groovyPost Forums

Incredimail??

:?: I used Google mail in outlook for a while but it just never worked ok for me. I also noticed that Groovy post recently on how to have a second mail client in outlook or something but me fear :oops::oops: sorry to say the aggravation of the last time :| . I stumbled on to this..................................Incredimail :!:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/down ... t-im2.aspx

Now here is the thing it looks great. You can work offline with your gmail etc. I downloaded the thing and it just looked great till it started downloading all my archived mail! Over a 1000 of them!! AND it then doubled the lot! I went on to their forum board asking for help and they say i must install the second version link above. I am thinking of trying it but maybe the team here at Groovy have a better alternative? Any suggestions please :?::roll:

Hey Carl, sorry to say but you just opened up a whole new can of worms. (computer worms and spyware that is)

Incredimail is full of spyware and will definitely compromise your privacy and security. If you're okay with this you can continue using it, however I personally would never use it.

Incredimail has a very vague privacy policy, which really doesn't include all of the things it should, however here is an important excerpt from it:

CONSENT TO PROCESSING

Users, including without limitation, Users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of their personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information, in the United States.

I would suggest uninstalling the program completely. It can be tough though, it really turns itself into quite the weed. If you experience problems with using Windows to uninstall it, try using Revo Uninstaller, it can help you get rid of it completely.

If Outlook and you aren't getting along, I would suggest trying Windows Live Mail [download link], it is extremely simple to set up and allows you to use multiple accounts. No Spyware Included =)

It also makes a great RSS reader, and is so much simpler than Outlook.

4u7y10.png

Another option is using Gmail Labs offline function. You'll need to install Google Gears to make it work, instructions can be found here: https://mail.google.com/mail/exp/197/html/en/help.html

offline-gmail-promo.png

Hope this helps!

Edited by Guest

OMG >>> CRAPWARE alert. Man that sucks.

And that terms of service is really horrid!!!

CONSENT TO PROCESSING

Users, including without limitation, Users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of their personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information, in the United States.

Sorry Carl... that blows

Hey Carl, sorry to say but you just opened up a whole new can of worms. (computer worms and spyware that is)

Incredimail is full of spyware and will definitely compromise your privacy and security. If you're okay with this you can continue using it, however I personally would never use it.

Incredimail has a very vague privacy policy, which really doesn't include all of the things it should, however here is an important excerpt from it:

CONSENT TO PROCESSING

I would suggest uninstalling the program completely. It can be tough though, it really turns itself into quite the weed. If you experience problems with using Windows to uninstall it, try using Revo Uninstaller, it can help you get rid of it completely.

If Outlook and you aren't getting along, I would suggest trying Windows Live Mail [download link], it is extremely simple to set up and allows you to use multiple accounts. No Spyware Included =)

It also makes a great RSS reader, and is so much simpler than Outlook.

4u7y10.png

Another option is using Gmail Labs offline function. You'll need to install Google Gears to make it work, instructions can be found here: https://mail.google.com/mail/exp/197/html/en/help.html

offline-gmail-promo.png

Hope this helps!

Man o Man what can one say! :( Should have asked first hey..hind site is a perfect science :oops: Thank you Groove Dexter for the advice 8) ..... acting immediately :!:

:D Seems that i have been lucky when.. there is no trace of incredimail in REVO. But now i see some programs that is not visible in the " All Programs" tab in the start menu. One is Avanquest update..is this familiar to you and could it be important or linked to any program so that if i uninstall it it will cause problems? How do i use REVO to search for hidden files that is linked to Incredimail or will it automatically pick it up? Props to Groove Dexter for helping :)

I recently installed but never used R-Studio network edition ?? http://www.r-tt.com/

The reason was i lost a very NB PDF doc. A colleague found a copy of the doc on his computer so searching for it was not needed any more. I just saw the program in the Revo uninstaller window. Groove Dexter and or any body else: got advice RE the program IE is it useful save ECT :?:

Woohoo, I'm glad to hear it worked out Carl! I love the Gmail offline feature.

I recently installed but never used R-Studio network edition ?? http://www.r-tt.com/

The reason was i lost a very NB PDF doc. A colleague found a copy of the doc on his computer so searching for it was not needed any more. I just saw the program in the Revo uninstaller window. Groove Dexter and or any body else: got advice RE the program IE is it useful save ECT :?:

As far as R-Studio goes, I have never used it and it isn't a very popular product. It doesn't seem to have any spyware on it. Older versions of r-studio seemed to do pretty well but I don't know about the network edition. So it seems safe, but I can't tell you whether or not it does a good job, maybe you'd like to test it and write a review? :mrgreen:

Hi gD yeah the offline thing is great :mrgreen: As far as trying the R-studio time and trying to figure it out :oops: i rather just not loose any mail and back-up /+system restore regularly and always ask the Groovy team first before installing software :roll: as far as

. there is no trace of incredimail in REVO. But now i see some programs that is not visible in the " All Programs" tab in the start menu. One is Avanquest update..is this familiar to you and could it be important or linked to any program so that if i uninstall it it will cause problems?
Any ideas ?

Cheers and props to Groovy :mrgreen:

Hmm Avanquest update..

The avanquest website is: http://www.avanquest.com/USA/

There are a couple of possibilities here.

1. You have one of their prodcuts installed, and Avanquest update is the program that is used to cover updates for any of their products, so if you have any single Avanquest product you'd have the updater as well.

or..

2. I think that Sony-Ericsson's PC Suite software uses it to update as well. If you have a Sony Ericcson phone or device then that would probably explain it! It can also be used as an updater for a few other Motorola phones.

If you don't have any of their products, and no Sony-Erricson / Motorola device. It's probably just wasting space. As far as I can see this program is perfectly safe and normal.

Hope this helps! Thanks for the questions Carl, I'm having fun answering them :D

Hmm Avanquest update..

The avanquest website is: http://www.avanquest.com/USA/

There are a couple of possibilities here.

1. You have one of their prodcuts installed, and Avanquest update is the program that is used to cover updates for any of their products, so if you have any single Avanquest product you'd have the updater as well.

or..

2. I think that Sony-Ericsson's PC Suite software uses it to update as well. If you have a Sony Ericcson phone or device then that would probably explain it! It can also be used as an updater for a few other Motorola phones.

If you don't have any of their products, and no Sony-Erricson :D

* Edit post

* Report this post

Re: Need flashplayer to upgrade my mobile phone

Postby Carl on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 am

That is how i got to Groovy!! :D And that is exactly why i will stay with Groovy. Props to the Groovy team and thanks gD happy to hear you are not tired of all the questions. :mrgreen: