groovyPost Forums

Installed too many Iphone apps and some have disappeared

Rufio

Hey just a quick and probably dumb question.

Earlier today I installed about 200 free applications last night on my iPhone but when I scroll to the right it stops going over at 5-6 pages and won't let me go past it. I know I installed some programs but they aren't showing up at all, is there a way to scroll to the right more to find the extra apps I installed?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Gretting Rufio, and welcome to groovyPost!

And to relieve you of some anxiety, never fear! There's no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to tech gadgets!

This is a tricky one but if you really did download 200 applications then your iPhone is suffering from overeating. Like you mentioned, the iPhone can only display 6 pages of apps. The rest of your apps are still installed on the iPhone, they just aren't visible. There's a couple options here to solve this.

1. Erase unwanted apps one at a time from the springboard

• a. Hold your finger on the app until everything starts to wiggle
    b. click the little X on the top right corner of the app to delete it

2. Use iTunes sync to get rid of apps

• a. In iTunes erase all of the unwanted applications
    b. Re-sync the iPhone and confirm deletion of apps currently on the iPhone

Before doing option 3 you'll want to backup anything that you want to save on your iPod.

3. On the iPhone go to Settings, General, Reset, and Erase All Content and Settings.

• a. This will erase everything on your iPhone/iPod and make it just like you bought it
    b. This will take 2 hours

2v2ief5.jpg

Hope this helps, let me know if you still have trouble!

Thanks for the answer dexter

So what you're saying is they are still on the ipod but they are just over on additional pages to the right but the iphone only lets you see the first 6 pages okay

I'll try option 1 first, I'd rather not have to start out from scratch again on my iphone so i'll do option 2 if I can't get option 1 to work right.