Catherine

Ethernet Over Power Lines

Question

3 answers to this question

Whatever the transmission media, it only effects the speed of data transfer from point to point. Its how the network is set out that effects congestion more than anything. So yes a network using ethernet over powerline can become congested.

Its a long time since I had to do any research papers but I would suggest researching network topology, star, circle and mesh networks to understand what causes congestion and how it can be mitigated.

Whatever the transmission media, it only effects the speed of data transfer from point to point. Its how the network is set out that effects congestion more than anything. So yes a network using ethernet over powerline can become congested.

Its a long time since I had to do any research papers but I would suggest researching network topology, star, circle and mesh networks to understand what causes congestion and how it can be mitigated.

This paper is specifically on Ethernet over Power lines so thats what I am digging for. Thanks for your answer. I am going to assume that the same congestion problems can occur with this type of network as any. :)

Yes that's correct, too few connections / alternative rotes / redundancy for the given traffic will cause queuing and congestion, whatever the network.