groovyPost Forums

Need Restrictions Passcode on iphone 4

Upgraded to iPhone 4s and need to delete all info on iPhone 4. When I try it asks for Restrictions Passcode. I have tried every passcode I have ever used on this phone with no luck. I wend to iTunes and tried to restore to factory settings and the estimated time was 20 hours! There has to be a better way.

Does anybody know how to do this so that I can trade my phone in for some cash?

any help is appreciated,MD

Try restoring the iPhone in DFU mode - there's no guarantee it will work faster, but it's worth a try. WARNING - once you enter DFU it's pretty hard to get out of it, so do this on your own risk.

Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes

Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone)

Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button

Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected

A message will appear on iTunes, notifying you that a DFU iPhone had been detected and it needs to be restored before it can be used again. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to restore.