groovyPost Forums

Need help attaching files in GMail

Email Question from Reader

I do have a question about Gmail which you may have addressed earlier or might have hints for. For some reason, I am unable to attach pdfs, txt files etc in Gmail. I have had Time Warner's basic Internet access for over 15 years. I am using Microsoft Windows 7, running AVG antivirus, Adaware, on a Dell Studio XPS. When I try to attach a file, gmail inserts something about fake path in the attachment option. I am using the same path from my hardrive that I've always used before.

What browser are you using? Are you using Chrome? I've found Chrome and Firefox to behave the best when trying to attach files to Gmail using Drag/and/drop.

1. Where are the attachments? Are they in an email or on your hard drive / desktop?

2. If you still cannot attach files using Chrome and dragging and dropping from a folder on your PC, what happens if you click Add a file in the gmail window?

Thanks!

-Steve

What browser are you using? Are you using Chrome? I've found Chrome and Firefox to behave the best when trying to attach files to Gmail using Drag/and/drop.

1. Where are the attachments? Are they in an email or on your hard drive / desktop?

2. If you still cannot attach files using Chrome and dragging and dropping from a folder on your PC, what happens if you click Add a file in the gmail window?

Thanks!

-Steve

My browser is Internet Explorer Version 9.0.8112.16421.

The attachments or on my hard drive/desktop.

In gmail, I always have clicked on the "attach a file" button.

Interestingly, when I tried to send a one page MS Word attachment to a friend yesterday, I finally got "oops your e-mail was not sent; error # 12152". I could not tell if that was from Microsoft or from Gmail.

Thank you for your quick response.

• 2 months later...