groovyPost Forums

Chrome Processes

Go to solution Solved by Austin,

Lately, my pc is using a lot of resources and when i checked task manager, there were like 10-15 processes of chrome running. I checked and i had like 3-4 tabs opened. Why is this so?

I have no idea why this happens, but you're not the only one - whenever I use chrome I have multiple processes in my task manager as well... Maybe it has something to do with Chrome trying to improve performance?

• Solution

Chrome runs in its own virtualized-sandboxed environment. Because of this each tab, or sometimes set of tabs on the same website, are open in their own process.

This is good for a few reasons. The first one is stability. If a particular tab crashes it won't bring down your entire browser. Secondly, for security. If a plugin on an individual page tries to do something malicious Chrome can block it without interfering with the rest of your browsing experience.

Chrome runs in its own virtualized-sandboxed environment. Because of this each tab, or sometimes set of tabs on the same website, are open in their own process.

This is good for a few reasons. The first one is stability. If a particular tab crashes it won't bring down your entire browser. Secondly, for security. If a plugin on an individual page tries to do something malicious Chrome can block it without interfering with the rest of your browsing experience.

Thank you dexter. I think you are right.