groovyPost Forums

Is it possible to change Folder background in Win7?

Is it possible to change Folder background in Win7. I mean the window background in that folder will be changed to the picture what we set. In Win XP I know it but tried same method in Win7 it is not working. Any solution?

By Window background of folder, you mean the folder icon or the image that appears in that icon?

Is it possible to change Folder background in Win7. I mean the window background in that folder will be changed to the picture what we set. In Win XP I know it but tried same method in Win7 it is not working. Any solution?

Usually we see white color background right. I want to change it to my own design.

This function is no longer available directly from windows 7 but there is a free utility called “Windows 7 folder background changer”

You can use it to choose from preset backgrounds or make an html document to display your own pictures as a background.

will try and let you know

This function is no longer available directly from windows 7 but there is a free utility called “Windows 7 folder background changer”

You can use it to choose from preset backgrounds or make an html document to display your own pictures as a background.

thanks. Is it a software to download?

@chaitanya yes -- just do a google search for it and you should get several sites where you can download it.

@chaitanya you can get it from the windowsclub website just click the link below

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-folder-background-changer-released

Or copy and paste the link below into your web browser to go directly to the file. You might get a warning asking if you trust the file but I have downloaded it from this location and it was clean.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/downloads/W7FBC.zip