groovyPost Forums

So what's the difference between FORUM and Answers.groovypost.com?

Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

I think the Forum is really hard to use for newbies like me. I never did install an account in there even though I went in there from time to time. Just to confusing.

Answers however is simple and it's just a day old and I already have an account (I used my facebook account) and here I am posting stuff saying hello to the community!

So I say good job, I like it.

• Solution

Hi Alex,

I guess if anyone should answer this question, it should be me.

Although our forum has been a very important component to the groovyPost community, I have often received feedback that it was to difficult to use. Because the forum had a bit of a learning curve then, it held many groovyReaders back from getting involved in the discussion and asking the questions and getting the help they might otherwise have asked if the forum wasn't so confusing and intimidating.

As an example, I the comment above from Jacks and the timing is Ironic because he really reinforced the exact reason why the groovyPost team has built the new groovy Answers site.

So on behalf of all of us here at groovyPost, WELCOME to our new community site. I hope you enjoy the new format and feel at ease with getting involved in the discussion and not only get help yourself but, you also help those with your own knowledge!

Thanks!

-Steve (aka - MrGroove)

I think the Forum is really hard to use for newbies like me. I never did install an account in there even though I went in there from time to time. Just to confusing.

Answers however is simple and it's just a day old and I already have an account (I used my facebook account) and here I am posting stuff saying hello to the community!

So I say good job, I like it.

Hi Jacks - Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate your honesty and I'm glad you like the new format!

Hi Alex,

Although our forum has been a very important component to the groovyPost community, I have often received feedback that it was to difficult to use. Because the forum had a bit of a learning curve then, it held many groovyReaders back from getting involved in the discussion and asking the questions and getting the help they might otherwise have asked if the forum wasn't so confusing and intimidating.

As an example, I the comment above from Jacks and the timing is Ironic because he really reinforced the exact reason why the groovyPost team has built the new groovy Answers site.

So on behalf of all of us here at groovyPost, WELCOME to our new community site. I hope you enjoy the new format and feel at ease with getting involved in the discussion and not only get help yourself but, you also help those with your own knowledge!

Thanks!

-Steve (aka - MrGroove)

Ok - Makes sense. Do you think you will be getting rid of the forum or keeping it around? I personally see the need for both honestly. If I want to discuss Tech, I'll goto the forum. For How-To questions and such, I'll come here.

Keep it up!

-Alex

Guest pumpkinskin

Hi Alex,

Thanks!

-Steve (aka - MrGroove)

I like it however I think you need a link back to the original site as well.

Hi Alex,

Thanks!

-Steve (aka - MrGroove)

@pumpkinskin, check the side-bar on the right under GroovyNetwork

Hi Alex,

Thanks!

-Steve (aka - MrGroove)

I love this! It reminds me a lot of Stack Overflow.