groovyPost Forums

Windows 7 Aero theme over RDP (Remote Desktop)

shockersh

I just posted here:

windows-7-f77/installing-windows-7-on-windows-server-2008-hyper-v-t95581.html

My problem with getting the Aero theme working over RDP. Anyone have any luck with this? I've tried everything off the net (registry fixes etc..) but still no joy.

Funny thing is Windows Vista is running on the same Hyper-V box and the Aero theme is available without problems.

Anyone have any options or experience getting this working?

SWEET!

Vista works like a charm in Aero. And that's even on my crappy Virtual Server 2005 box! Sweet.

BTW - Can't get Aero to work on Windows 7 through RDP either.... I built a VM for it and can RDP in (wow, performance is really nice on it) however no Aero.

Personally, the performance of Windows 7 reminds me of Windows XP. Well see if it stays that way or gets bloated like Vista did/is.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with getting the Aero theme working over RDP. Anyone have any luck with this? I've tried everything off the net (registry fixes etc..) but still no joy.

Funny thing is Windows Vista is running on the same Hyper-V box and the Aero theme is available without problems.

Anyone have any options or experience getting this working?

For what it's worth.... I worked for several hours to get the Aero theme to work over RDP / remote desktop. Like you said, Vista Guest VM's work fine over RDP with the Aero them but Windows 7..... No Joy :(

If anyone out there has figured this out, please post the solution here.

I'll do the same... but that goes without saying. :mrgreen: