groovyPost Forums

cann't find one HD

Guest GRoPo

I am using 64bit win7 but previously I am using 32bit, now I find one of HD did find in my computer, but the device did detected and correctly show in the "device mangemant". I also find a setup MBR popup in the "management of my computer"( right click in the startmenu), I haven't click it as I am afraid I will lost all data in "the disappering HD". the PC have used a chkdsk and find it after all, but later the HD did find in my PC. it also restart or start the PC, there are a message second device or disk etc... please press F1 to resume and so I do, you know, that the HD didn't find, however, if no such message, the HD did find in "my PC" but a popup message said the recycle have been demage and tell you to click a OK for repair, but nothing change, the message still open when I start the PC and HD did find too.

so what can I do?

** the whole HD contains only media file. bios didn't find or show it in the menu configuration

How about disconnection the HardDrive, plug it in a (e)Sata dock and try to read it that way. If it works that way, you know the problem isnt the hard drive. After that, shut the pc down, and plug in the hard drive. Start the system again and wait for you machine to find the hard drive. Im also guessing there is a swith to be found on the motherboard that you can switch to "Master" or "slave". So you drive with the OS on it should be "Master" and the just added drive should be "Slave". But I have never done that, cause of the fact that ive only owned laptops.

ididn't know what happen, but it seems fine at now, however, I have to say there were no configuration issue, all things is correct, but it only occur after I install 64bit from 32 bit( you know, I means a clear installaton) it's a SATA2...

I install it in C:, so I format the whole C: and install the 64bit....... although it's fine now, it left out something that the folder of E:(the disappered HD) have a locker sign....I have reset the authority from "satefy" ( left mouse click menu) but the locker sign didn't gone. so

I install it in C:, so I format the whole C: and install the 64bit....... although it's fine now, it left out something that the folder of E:(the disappered HD) have a locker sign....I have reset the authority from "satefy" ( left mouse click menu) but the locker sign didn't gone. so