groovyPost Forums

Samsung Galaxy S - US Release Date

Austin

FE2PSEXEC.png.5bd556992e4908fc24c984f24827eddd.png

I just pre-ordered the Epic 4G version from Sprint and I'll be picking it up the day of release on Tuesday August 31. I wasn't able to find any "deals," however Radio Shack will offer to buy your old phone so that took a good $100 off of the price for me.

Specs:

• 3G/4G capability
  • Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
  • 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom
  • Google full HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks
  • Android 2.1, with access to more than 50,000 apps on Android Market
  • Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while talking.
  • Google mobile services, including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube , and Google
  • Calendar sync
  • Visual Voicemail
    Messaging – personal and business email and text messaging, as well as IM through a downloadable Android Market app
  • 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices
  • 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
  • 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps
  • Dual camera: 5 MP camera/camcorder with autofocus, power LED flash and 4x digital zoom for photos and HD video (720p) recording for capture and playback on an HD television, as well as a front facing VGA camera for video chat and more
  • Qik video application for video chat service and live video sharing
  • High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds
  • Samsung’s exclusive AllShare service to wirelessly share stored music, pictures and HD video to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified home electronics, including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras, printers and more
  • Samsung Social Hub integrates all of the user’s social networking services, messages, personal and business email, calendars and contacts, and can display calendar information from portal calendars, such as Google Calendar, and social networking services together in one view with two-way synchronization
  • Future access to the Samsung Media Hub, a full library of video and literary content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment.
  • Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
  • Sprint applications, including Sprint Football Live, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
  • Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR
  • Built-in WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
  • Digital compass, six-axis motion sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS
  • Expandable storage memory: 16 GB microSD card included; supports up to 32 GB
  • Dimensions: 4.9 inches x 2.54 inches x 0.56 inches (124.8 mm x 64.6 mm x 14.2 mm) (LxWxT)
  • Weight: 5.46 ounces (155 grams)
  • Battery: Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery
  • Memory: 1GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
  • Five-row horizontal sliding keyboard

5939488f270d7_galaxyscreen1.png.55e621644c6d6b746c4d2aa61fbd448f.png

5939488f2b4db_galaxyversions.png.fa9d6706ab417eda9f0e06fc1e1c0b88.png

Before you serious start to use it, a few things you need to be told of:

- Froyo (android 2.2) is coming. Dont get to the tweaking and lagfixing and gps fixing just yet, wait for Froyo;

- Install LauncherPro Plus. Its a homescreenreplacement. Free version is great, but the Plus version is better, and got scrollable widgets. And the dev guy is just asking a few bucks, he's doing it all by himself as a full job. Very great updates and buzzing community.

- Get all your extras from ebay, and dont get yourself ripped in the stores, paying the full price.

But thats just my two cents. :D

-

Well i have to tell you the Samsung Wave is not that bad its the same as the Galaxy but is with the new operating system Bada OS.A OS Created From Samsung and I think that it's perfect and it better than the Galaxy but no ofence it Good Two it Haves GOOGLE WHOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D