groovyPost Forums

iPhone 4G V.S. HTC EVO 4G which is better

If I had a choice between the two, I'd get an iPhone 4 just to sell it and buy a Nokia. iOS is nothing special. Infact it's getting too boring. They've been using this interface all the way back from the iPod touch 'till now and they still think that it's "simplicity" will impress us? Not me. Right now Android is pushing up really fast and Symbian is starting to move down (sob). Android will probably be the most popular and used Mobile OS by 2011. Other OS' will just vanish out of the market....

I'm not really sure about Android... Sure, everything will be Android one day and Google will rule the world (oh wait, it already does), but it just never seems to impress me. Right now I got my Nokia X6 just a few days ago and I like s60v5. If I will be moving to another mobile operating system my first shot will be at Windows Mobile or Windows Phone 7. Androids just never seem to impress me. That's me, at least. Just what does the droid have that symbian doesn't? We have ovi store, ovi maps, ovi music... ovi EVERYTHING! I guess this is just my style anyway, there are just some things you can't change my opinion of...

Btw I sent this with my phone :P

So what if it's open? Then I'll switch to Ubuntu on my PC just because it's open... LOL...

Whatever. Let's stop arguing, we got miles offtopic. You know what rule 26 states - any topic can be turned into something totally unrelated. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, you might wanna look here.

Oh I dont want to argue, but why would i want to use a phone with a operation system that says its open when it aint? So you cant modify anything in a Nokia. And as a compagny, Nokia is going down. As we speak, Nokia is searching for a new director because sales are falling. And android is just going up.

And those internetrulez, hell yeah :D never saw those before :D

Guest JoelPetersenIT

I have a Nokia N97 that just switches off every time a phone call comes through, I used to have a samsung that just never worked. is the iphone 3gs the way to go (iphone 4 not yet out in Oz)

@JoelPetersenIT: Faulty unit? Didn't it have a warranty? Why didn't you replace it?

@Beyond_Life: Trust me - Nokia will NEVER go down. So what if S60 is going down? Nokia said it - their last device on S60 will be the Nokia N9 (coming in about 2 years). Rumours say that 2 years is a long time, so until the N9 becomes official, they may even consider putting it on Android... So... NOKIA FOR THE WIN! People care about the hardware more than the software, but OK, I agree that Android can take full capability of your phone while symbian can't.

Still, how come Nokia is still number 1 with Android massively plowing through all competition - simpe answer - not the entire world needs phones that have apps, games and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I mean, I sure need one (LOL), but all my grandma needs is to be able to make calls easily and have a long battery life. So she got a Nokia 1112. Make sense? I'm sure it does. Same with my dad, he doesn't need any Internet or apps on his phone - he just wants to be able to call people - he has a Nokia 2600.

You get the point. I also have to add a very big WHO-CARES-ABOUT-THIS-STUFF-ANYWAY to this topic, because in the future phones will have a Dual-Boot - just like computers. Say I start it up and I get to choose between Symbian or Android, depending on what I want...??? I'm sure this will one day happen. Alright, gotta finish working now and then I gotta go to bed... ROFL...

Guest JoelPetersenIT
@JoelPetersenIT: Faulty unit? Didn't it have a warranty? Why didn't you replace it?

i have tried but they will only replace it with another N97, repairs are happening now, but have taken over two weeks to date.... last time i had a nokia fixed, they never gave it back, hoping that this time they will restore my faith in them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I prefer iPhone 4. Ofcourse, quite a few people have had alot of problems with the Iphone 4, but it does have its positives. Like said, it has longer battery lif and i also love the design of it. Its resolution astounded me for some reason.

Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy, it's much like the iPhone except better in every way I can think of. And the back won't crack into a million pieces if you drop it half a foot.

The back was made out of plastic so it could take a big punch. And its hard enough to use every day and its flexible enough to remove every once a while to get the sd out. Wich you need to do if you need to move a lot of stuff and down have datacable with you. Or like with my NAS, because I cant hook my phone to my NAS directly. And im working with my NAS over wifi so hooking up my sd directly to the nas (it has 3 usb ports) goes much faster.

For the rest, it also has hardend glass that wont scratch, at all. When I got my galaxy first thing I did was get the screenprotector on. And I just worked with it, till I got fed up with all the dirt on the screen, hard to get of. So I got rid of the screenprotector, and the phone reacts so much faster then before and the screen doesnt get dirty AT ALL. And if there get anything on the screen, its so easy to get off.

Only thing I realy hate about my galaxy, is the placement of the speaker. THAT COMPLETELY SUCKS BUTT. If you lay the phone down flat on the table, all sound is gone. Even on hard things like wooden tables the sound completly dissapears. So you realy have to make sure what you do with your galaxy when you put it away, like at the office. When im busy, I realy need to make sure that the galaxy has something under it, like a block of post-its, or the charger or something, so I can hear the noise when somebody rings.

I have the HTC Evo 4G and I have basically nothing bad to say about it. Android v2.2 is awesome of course, and I like HTC's Sense UI. The benefits have already pretty much been stated, everything that Beyond_Life and groovyDexter have said about Android I'd agree with.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest drewdoms11

When iPhone 4 was first released, many have bought it instantly. But just after a week of using it, a lot of people came out with different related problems like the reception and others. That is why I personally decided not to buy that phone; I'd rather buy a smart phone with an Android OS.

business phone systems

Edited by drewdoms11

When the iPhone 4 is released, many have bought it. But after a week of using it, a lot of people became consufed. When you're talking on the phone to someone, the reception of the antenna gets low. I would never buy that phone, I'd rather buy a smart phone with an Android OS.

Me too, that is why I picked up a Samsung Galaxy.

• 2 months later...
Guest Sarah Hastings
If I had a choice between the two, I'd get an iPhone 4 just to sell it and buy a Nokia. iOS is nothing special. Infact it's getting too boring. They've been using this interface all the way back from the iPod touch 'till now and they still think that it's "simplicity" will impress us? Not me. Right now Android is pushing up really fast and Symbian is starting to move down (sob). Android will probably be the most popular and used Mobile OS by 2011. Other OS' will just vanish out of the market....

Totally agree with you... an dHTC EVO is nice but it lacks some of the chrisma of other HTS phones like Incredible and Desire....however an iPhone 4 is not a bad choice after all, I would recommend iPhone as its lighter and better (ONLY in this case)