groovyPost Forums

Apple iPad Released

shockersh

TechCrunch just released a hands on video of the device. I'm not impressed. It looks like it's just a giant iPod Touch 2G

[flash=445,364]

for $499.99 I would rather pick up the Google Nexus One. It's smaller and does the same thing, plus you can make calls on it. I've already lost all of my trust with Apple when they charged a fee to enable already built-in features on the iPod Touch.

•No Camera – HUGE miss/fail - no video chat, nothing...

•Multi-task – this thing can only run 1 app at a time

•Lack of flash support in web browsing - safari browser crashes too much with plugins.. Sure it has HTML5 but why not just use a better browser or include flash?

Lame!

But I have to agree this is the Amazon Kindle killer. About time if you ask me..

Found the official Apple promotional video!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd6TR2upkZI&feature=player_embedded#

Also some of the specs: via http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

9.7 inches LED backlit glossy widescreen

1024×768 pixel resolution

fingerprint resistant (oleophobic coating)

multi-language support

1GHz A4 processor (supposedly high performance and low-power SoC -custom made chip)

16-64 GB flash drive

10 hr battery life (25Whr lithium polymer battery)

Wifi and Wifi+3G support

Bluetooth 2.1

Input Output

Dock Connector

Stereo headphone jack

Microphone

Built-in speaker

SIM card tray (for WiFi and 3G models only)

TechCrunch just released a hands on video of the device. I'm not impressed. It looks like it's just a giant iPod Touch 2G

I like the video over at Gizmodo better. Or..... heck over at Apple actually. It shows with the thhing can do.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5457757/apple-ipad-first-hands-on

for $499.99 I would rather pick up the Google Nexus One. It's smaller and does the same thing, plus you can make calls on it. I've already lost all of my trust with Apple when they charged a fee to enable already built-in features on the iPod Touch.

I dont know.... Jury is still out on the Nexus One IMOP.

But I have to agree this is the Amazon Kindle killer. About time if you ask me..

Hmm... at $499.99 vs. $249.99 for the kindle I think I'll have to agree on this one. That being said, this only has a 10 hour batter life where the kindle has a...?? 3 week battery life?

I don't know... I say if you want to take pictures, buy a camera. If you want to take movies, buy a video camera. Don't buy something that does both or they will both suck. Personally, I love my kindle because I want to read. I dont want to look at pictures, surf the net and scribble notes. I want to read. Period.

Prices are most likely to drop 25% within 6 months, $499.99 is too expensive.

Kindle has the battery advantage, but I doubt anyone will use it 10 hours straight without an opportunity to charge it.

I have to agree with "if you want to take pictures buy a camera" ideal. But if you look at the market there are a ton of people perfectly content with taking pictures on their crummy cell phone cameras. Built-in web-cam for skype and such come standard on notebooks and netbooks nowadays too.

It's so similar to the iPhone or iPod Touch but it's the size of a netbook. It's disappointment because I was really expecting a mix between the two. Instead it's just a big iPod Touch being advertised as a book reading device. The problem with the book reading part is it has the potential to cause some bad eye strain because unlike the Kindle it is a back-lit screen.

I think they are off to a good start but this device was not near ready for a full launch like this. I expect to see a 2nd Gen version to be out within the next 6-8 months and it will have all of the features this one should have.

haha nice madTV spoof... Though a little over the top.

What??? Are you kidding me LOL this rules heheheh

Made me LOL. It really emphasizes how BAD that name is for their product. What's even funnier is this video was made July 25, 2006 - Nearly 4 years ago, as a iPod Spoof. Apple still went ahead with it and now this video has a whole new relevance. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...