groovyPost Forums

Outlook 2010 is really buggy today

alexmvp

I don't know what happened but Outlook 2010 is REALLY buggy today!

For the last week it's been great but today it's been crashing LEFT AND RIGHT! I can't put my finger on any 1 thing I've done today but wow... it's bad.

For instance, each time I tried to open up a specific meeting invite Outlook crashed 100%. nothing I could do except right click on it and delete it....

really sucks cause I liked the new stuff

I've not even installed it yet. I don't like beta software personally... not when I need to get stuff done anyway.

That being said, there were a crap load of updates released yesterday. Were you having the issues before patch Tuesday?

I've not even installed it yet. I don't like beta software personally... not when I need to get stuff done anyway.

That being said, there were a crap load of updates released yesterday. Were you having the issues before patch Tuesday?

cmon Joseph! Weren't you one of the guys talking about how awesome Windows 7 beta was? hehehe...

That being said... yeah, outlook 2010 is a bit buggy... the rest of the platform however is pretty solid so far. I'm lovin OneNote 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having problems with Outlook listing out all the associated emails and calendar items now. I'm going to re-install and see if that helps....

Re-install fixed this however it's hit and miss depending on the Contact I click on to get any data into the people pane.

Now.... Outlook is crashing anytime I open up certain email items. It seems random however I can repro it on 3 specific emails in my inbox. I had to right click delete to keep outlook from crashing....

I tried to turn off the reading pane and that allowed me to click on the email without it crashing but when I double clicked and opened up the email - CRASH.

This is for sure not as stable as the Windows 7 Beta..... to bad. I might have to actually uninstall it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been having the same problems since 2/8. Unfortunately, I tried using Outlook 2k7 -- which now crashes. So I uninstalled 2k10, uninstalled 2k7 and re-installed. Now Outlook won't start -- crashes on startup.

Even with creating a new profile, even with moving/deleting my old app-data files for Outlook after the uninstall step.

So you had both Outlook 2007 and 2010 running on the same box....

Ouch.

If I were you I would re-install Outlook 2007 then run the Office Tools - Microsoft Office Diagnostics. This should scan your box and fix anything that's broken. Hopefully that get's you where you need to be.

Notice, if your running Outlook 2010 and Vista or Windows 7, you can also repair Office 2010 by going into Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Programs and Features -> Click Office 2010 -> Click Change on top menu then click REPAIR when the menu comes up.

Well, not at the same time... But the files were there.

At any rate, neither re-install/repair activity seems to fix the issue.

I'll try the Office Tools/Diagnostics

Here's an article on the Diagnostics tool from Office 2007. It was to fix another issue however it does cover the step-by-step process (if you need it).

I've found this normally fixes my issues with Office and it's components.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microso ... harepoint/