groovyPost Forums

Best and lowest cost wifi provider

tlpmap

• 1 month later...

Hi @tlpmap - Welcome to the forum!

In most cases, the best service will be based on where you live and which ISP (Internet Service Providers) are available in your area. Comcast for sure is one of the big boys out there and you can usually bundle the service with other services like phone or cable TV to get further discounts.

$115 a month sounds a little high to be honest for just Internet Access. If you can get other services like Verizon FIOS, Frontier or Centurylink, you might want to give them a call and ask how much straight internet costs.

Also - be sure to call back at least every 6 months and ask if your price is the best price they can offer. This always helps me get a discount.

• 5 years later...

I've got Starlink as a backup in my home. It's $120/month for 100+ meg up/down service. I work from my home so it's a necessity to always have Internet service.

It's amazing on the days I lose power. It's also PERFECT when I want to jump on WIFI that only I have access to in my home. With 5+ ppl in my home at all times (and a million devices,) it's nice to have a private Internet connection.

So yeah, pretty cool. +1 for Starlink.

On 10/10/2023 at 7:29 PM, Steve said:

I've got Starlink as a backup in my home. It's $120/month for 100+ meg up/down service. I work from my home so it's a necessity to always have Internet service.

It's amazing on the days I lose power. It's also PERFECT when I want to jump on WIFI that only I have access to in my home. With 5+ ppl in my home at all times (and a million devices,) it's nice to have a private Internet connection.

So yeah, pretty cool. +1 for Starlink.

$120/month....jeez! Yeah, I remember Hughes being pricier, but I guess I hoped the bar had dropped lower.

• 4 weeks later...