groovyPost Forums

Plantronics Hub v3.9.4 Update Windows/Mac

Steve Krause

Just got prompted to update my softphone/headset software and it reminded me (to remind all of you) that this is a good example of why it's important to keep all the software on your Windows/Mac box fully updated.

In my case, the Plantronics Hub software is the brains behind my Headset which I use for all things Audio and Mic on my work Mac including Cisco Jabber or Skype, WebEx, Slack calls and a few other apps. It also updates the firmware on my headset and Plantronics Bluetooth headset. So, it's fairly important.

Here are the release notes for the V3.9.4 update.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/kb/detail.jsp?vfurl=/articles/en_US/Product_Information/Hub-Release-Notes&c=All

Plantronics Hub v3.9.4
Coming soon: Plantronics Hub for Windows/Mac v3.9.4 Release 

What's New

• Fixed audio issue with Savi 700 Series and Savi 400 Series resulting from a logic error in the tuning parameter update that occurred after a device firmware update using Hub v3.9.2. Note: To access the most recent firmware for these products, users must update to Plantronics Hub v3.9.4 or above.
  • Updated certificate to fix issue with the Plantronics Hub REST Service API on Chrome v58.
  • Fixed intermittent issue with Plantronics Legend during firmware update or language change. Note: To access the most recent firmware upgrade for Plantronics Legend, users must update to Plantronics Hub v3.9.4 and above.
  • Fixed issue with Unicode characters when creating LDAP groups. Plantronics Hub for Win/Mac will now recognize group names with Unicode characters.            

Known Issues

• Call control on Cisco Jabber versions prior to v11.x are not functional.
  • Settings that appear on both headset and BT300 adapter may not synchronize correctly when changed.
  • If Plantronics Savi 700 Series or Savi 400 Series headset firmware or tuning is not correctly read from device (for example, battery is empty), device can't register to the server.
  • After wearing sensor is turned off for Blackwire 710/720, Plantronics Hub still shows sensor-dependent settings as ON yet they do not work.

• 6 years later...

A lot has happened since 2017. Plantronics and Polycom merged to create Poly. And now, HP has acquired Poly. Looking at the latest updates, I needed to update my version of the Plantronics Hub, aka Poly Hub, to the latest version. Here's what I grabbed as of Feb. 2024

Plantronics Hub Desktop V3.25.1 (V3.25.54065.37203)

I grabbed it from the Download site which. Although the site says it's Version 3.24.2 when I actually downloaded it, it was V3.25.1

image.png.ea3a5205a6866615af28ee1a47852c52.png

The release notes were not easy to find given all the changes to the company between Poly and HP however, I did track down the Release notes here:

https://docs.poly.com/bundle/plantronics-hub-2-rn/resource/plantronics-hub-2-rn.pdf

I have no idea if this will all stick around now that they've been purchased. So I've added the release notes below and the latest version below. Enjoy

Plantronics Hub Released: September 6, 2023 Version: Plantronics Hub v3.25.1 (3.25.54065.37203) Resolved Issues

This release includes the following bug fixes:

• Resolved an issue causing loss of audio on an ongoing call when a second incoming call is ringing if the Zoom feature “Sync buttons on headset” is enabled
  • Resolved an issue causing an update to Hub 3.25 via a policy to fail at 50%
  • Resolved an issue resulting in a high number of open connections per client at a central HTTPS proxy
  • Resolved an issue causing the Mute feature to work unreliably on some Zoom calls Known Issues This release has the following known issues:
  • When updating from v3.22.0 and v3.22.1 to a later version of Hub on a non-English language Windows system it is necessary to first uninstall these versions before reinstalling v3.22.2 or later
  • When using some softphones, ignoring a call while a Calisto 5300 is muted can result in the loss of mute synchronization between the speakerphone and Windows/Hub
  • When using Zoom for MacOS the headset call control button may not work reliably for the first call. If this occurs the Zoom GUI can be used. Call control using the headset button will work reliably for subsequent calls.
  • For MDA200 and MDA400 QD Series, firmware updates are available using Plantronics Hub for Windows only. Plantronics Hub for Mac does not support firmware updates for these devices.
  • On the MDA220 (Product ID 0xAD04), the serial number is not reported correctly in Plantronics Hub for Windows and Mac. It is also not accurately reported to Plantronics Manager Pro.
  • Lost audio connections may occur if the BT600 is unplugged and then plugged back in. Users must shut down Plantronics Hub and re-start it to regain audio connection.
  • During a firmware update, if an MDA220 becomes bricked, Plantronics Hub can no longer detect the device.
  • Support for local firmware update for BT300 (Product ID = 417) is not available.
  • On Cisco Jabber call, audio unmutes when user joins a non-audio Skype for Business meeting.
  • On Plantronics Hub for Mac, the call end button on the headset may not reliably work during a softphone call on Voyager 8200 with a BT600 and on Blackwire C320, C720. 2
  • Unplugging the following devices during the firmware update process may result in the recovery process not working correctly: Blackwire C315, C325.
  • After wearing sensor is turned off for Blackwire 710/720, Plantronics Hub still shows sensordependent settings as ON yet they do not work.
  • When using the call button to flash between an active call and a call on hold using Avaya Communicator 2.1, both calls may be put in a hold state and may require using the softphone user interface to resume the call.
  • To ensure accurate data in Plantronics Manager Pro reports, customers using Avaya Equinox should open the softphone client prior to opening Plantronics Hub for Windows.

PlantronicsHubInstaller-3-25-1.exe