groovyPost Forums

Anyone doing a Windows 7 Launch Party??

shockersh

OMG... the things I could say to this thread.

A windows 7 launch party.... REALLY???

yeah yeah yeah

Well I waited to long anyway. Just got the email back:

Sorry you weren't selected...

Thanks for your interest in hosting a Windows 7® Launch Party. There was great response to hosting parties and numbers were limited. As a result many wonderful applicants like you could not be selected. As thanks for your interest and support, we would like you to share in the same special discounts and offers being given to party hosts and attendees. Look for a follow-up email from us with the link to these offers on October 22.

If you would still like to get together with friends, you could consider hosting a Windows 7 MeetUp. Just go to www.windows.com/meetup for tips on how to plan, invite, and host a Windows 7 MeetUp. We make it as easy as possible for you to share windows 7 with your friends by providing customized MeetUp themes and tips on using social networks to invite guests.

We really appreciate your time and effort in completing the application and value your interest in Windows 7.

Oh well, guess MrGroove's headshot will remain anonymous for now :)

Guest Animis

Oh well, guess MrGroove's headshot will remain anonymous for now :)

I think it would be funny to photo shop in Steve Jobs face over your own from the launch party shots. Would probably leave a few of them puzzled and the rest admiring the photoshop handiwork.

• 2 weeks later...