groovyPost Forums

Exchange 2003 Email issues

Guest Wookie1969

Guest Wookie1969

Greetings all,

I had this user who recieved the following error first..

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Application Development Team's Status Meeting

Sent: 7/7/2009 10:36 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

User Name Global on 7/7/2009 10:36 AM

The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.

so i found an article and cleared the .NK2 file of the email cache...

then the User sent another meeting invite and he got this error now.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Application Development Team's Status Meeting

Sent: 7/7/2009 10:36 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

User Name Global on 7/7/2009 10:36 AM

The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.

I have confirmed the user is in AD, and is not locked out, he is a current employee both the sender and reciepant.

emails to both parties go through with no issues, both emails havent changed nor did thier names.

Our exchange server is 2003 entp. we have a front end and back-end servers, we have a barracuda spam/firewall applicance placed before the exchange server(dont think this matters in this case since it is a meeting request) and it is not leaving outside our domain.

any suggestions?

thanks

Wookie1969

Guest Wookie1969

Think i may have found the issues.

The reciepant has an external global account set in our AD that has his personal email address to his own domain name.

It appears it might be an issue with the redirector.

Wookie1969

So your fixed?

Was the sender and receiver email addresses all hosted on your internal exchange server? How was the 3rd party address involved in the email issue?

Also, how the heck did he get his 3rd party custom recipient address posted into your AD environment? :) Legacy issue?

Guest Wookie1969
So your fixed?

Was the sender and receiver email addresses all hosted on your internal exchange server? How was the 3rd party address involved in the email issue?

Also, how the heck did he get his 3rd party custom recipient address posted into your AD environment? :) Legacy issue?

Actually, it was the calender item was corrupt. I had removed the calender item and had him redo it while i was thier and he sent out the email to the reciepants again, and bam!, This time no errors were returned.

and yes both accounts are in my internal exchange server.

The user it was sent to was my old director, i know he setup a global account under external email users in AD with his own personal email address, then looking at this AD account his current work email account he had the forwarder set to go to his personal account email, so hed get a copy here in the office and also to his persoanl account, since he was asked to resign from his postion back in february he set this up in AD and now he is a consultant.

The error was showing me his username and the the word Global, so i assumed it had to be his global address issue since that was part of the error code above, then i figured i should jsut go and redo the meeting and after starting from scratch it worked.

thanks

Wookie1969

woot - very nice (and confusing on the director side). I just love management who have credentials into my environments. Rule #1 Any job I take on requires that I get to remove all mgmt from the systems.

hehhehe

Fortunately for me, management has been all to happy to let me do all the techno work so they can stick to golf. :)