groovyPost Forums

stack overflow errors

Stack overflow errors are caused by programs not managing their allocated memory correctly.

It might be that the program failed to allocate enough memory in the first place or it might try to put too much data into its allocated memory. Either way the stack of data is too big to fit so it’s known as an overflow error.

The most common reason I have seen for this happening is poorly written software i.e. bugs in the software, although it’s also possible that software could become damaged for whatever reason, stopping it from being able to correctly manage the memory.

To fix it you need to narrow down what piece of software is causing the stack overflow. Then you can either update the software which will hopefully take care of any bugs, reinstall it which would take care of any damaged files or remove the software altogether.

To help narrow down the bad software

Did you install any new software around the same time that this started happening.

What program (including version number) are you using when you get the overflow error.

What is the specific message that you get when the overflow occurs.

If it happens when using a web browser does it happen when you visit specific web pages.

Stack overflow errors are caused by programs not managing their allocated memory correctly.

It might be that the program failed to allocate enough memory in the first place or it might try to put too much data into its allocated memory. Either way the stack of data is too big to fit so it’s known as an overflow error.

The most common reason I have seen for this happening is poorly written software i.e. bugs in the software, although it’s also possible that software could become damaged for whatever reason, stopping it from being able to correctly manage the memory.

To fix it you need to narrow down what piece of software is causing the stack overflow. Then you can either update the software which will hopefully take care of any bugs, reinstall it which would take care of any damaged files or remove the software altogether.

To help narrow down the bad software

Did you install any new software around the same time that this started happening.

What program (including version number) are you using when you get the overflow error.

What is the specific message that you get when the overflow occurs.

If it happens when using a web browser does it happen when you visit specific web pages.

Wow, nice.