groovyPost Forums

Facebook Deactivation

so i want to deactivate and not be able to be tagged, viewed, or people to post on my wall while it is deactiviated. Do i check the email alert opt out, or will that just allow me not to know when people have tagged me etc? Basically i dont want to permanently delete, however i dont want to be tagged or have my wall written on etc

Ok so that is just a privacy setting under the Settings of Facebook that you need to config. You don't need to delete or deactivate your account for that.

From there you can configure who can see what in regards to what your sharing such as:

Your Status, photos, posts

BIO

Photos and vid's your tagged in

Birthday

Permission to comment on your posts

Friends can post on my Wall

Contact information

Click Customize Settings to configure who can see all this and post on your wall etc... I recommend you set it all to ONLY ME but hey, that's just me.

Hopefully that answers all your questions.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Don't worry Jiff. You can change your privacy setting. You don't need to delete or deactivate your account for that.

Firstly Log into your Facebook account, Click on top right of screen, Privacy Settings. Click Customize Settings to configure who can see all this and post on your wall, and change the settings.

Great tip! Thnx