groovyPost Forums

Processor not compatible?

Guest iKlsR

Guest iKlsR

Bought an Intel Core 2 Duo e4500 processor the other day and when i removed my Celeron D from my motherboard and tried this processor. I hear three loud beeps then it happens again. Can anyone help me out here please and thanks. when i put my old processor back in, it works fine. Any help would be great;y appreciated thanks.

Intel Celeron D - the orking processor

Intel Core 2 duo - the one thats not working

Asrock G41M-VS2 - my motherboard

I also have 2GB of Kingston DD2 and a 450W Power Supply.

Your best bet is to go read your manual on your motherboard and find out what 3 lout beeps mean. There should be a code for it.

My guess is you either have a voltage issue or CPU support problem. I've never had good experiences with AsRock (Asus budget motherboard) however that doesn't mean much these days (my opinion that is).

Your best bet is to go read your manual on your motherboard and find out what 3 lout beeps mean. There should be a code for it.

My guess is you either have a voltage issue or CPU support problem. I've never had good experiences with AsRock (Asus budget motherboard) however that doesn't mean much these days (my opinion that is).

A few things I forgot to mention.

1 - First thing I would do after checking the manual is I would flash the bios to make sure your running the latest on your motherboard

2 - Boot into the bios using the old CPU and reset everything back to default.

3 - Now throw the old CPU back in. Any luck?