groovyPost Forums

Excel 2010 - Text in drop down menu is mirrored

Guest upsdrvr

Guest upsdrvr

Hello,

I received a workbook w/ an unusual problem. The first page has several drop down lists in cells. The text displayed in the cell is a mirror image of the correct text. The normal downward facing arrow you would click to see the values in the list is pointing up. When you click the arrow to show the list the menu does drop downward and the text in the list is displayed normally. Once you choose an item in the list it is displayed mirrored in the cell.

The spreadsheet was originally created in Excel 2003, and the cells do display properly in Excel 03 and 07, they are only mirrored in Excel 2010. I have run repairs on Office 2010, and have even uninstalled and re-installed.

I've attached a sample spreadsheet w/ the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youBook4 (2) (Autosaved).xls

I am experiencing the identical problem. File was created in Excel 2003 and is displayed correctly in Excel 2003. Excel 2010 shows the drop-down arrows pointing up (unusual but not a problem in itself). The ext in the drop-down appears normal, but when you make a selection, it is flipped vertically and is displayed upside down. It's nearly illegible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...