groovyPost Forums

a folder with a lock sign

Guest GRoPo

those file isn't in C: or os location, it's a seperate HD which just hold media, movie etc for me. I have to say I encounter such issue after I reinstalll the os or at now, I install the 64bit from 32bit in c:, it's "a clear installation", but another seperate HD hold the same type of file didn't have such problem.....let say d:.

****however, I have tried to reinstall a 32bit ( deleting the 64bit) but the issue didn't occur in the same HD, why? I guess it may be same configuration or system file which left in "the hidden drive" or "system file" that win7 made what users firstly install the os, the ones take about a 100 MB......I couldn't delete this partition and get a new ones from reinstall the os as my current partition may be delete, it's a disaster to my current storage.....

I also have reset the authority by left click the drive or file that "change the safety" or something like that (the name of left click item in the context menu), but the issue still be there.....

Edited by GRoPo

what i encounter is not I couldn't open the file, but th driver will ask me to take control of it and left out a locker sign to those folder, for example, it's a media storage, I can play it. what I want to do is to remove those locker sign and take control the driver like before or a new HD without asking me any " take control of the folder forever...... and press OK".....

I have taken control and configure like your link say( I done it before seeing your reply link), I want to update onething that when I was changing the security, a popup " the HD or example, E: ...recyclebin...." briefly, it said it was unable to change the securtiy on the recyclebin of the E:. so is it the problem of my issue. whether or not it was, can I solve this issue?