groovyPost Forums

IfFound

Alexa

IfFound is a great app that has helped me out quite a bit in the past, and recently.

I've lost my iPhone several times and every time someone has returned it because I had this on the lock-screen wallpaper.

I think the worst was in a grocery store, it fell out of my pocket in the restroom and I didn't even realize it. Later in the day I get a call voicemail-email from Google Voice. It was the store saying that it was found in the restroom and that I can come pick it up. That really made my day. They knew what number to call and how to contact me after finding my phone.

I think just having a personal touch of contact information on the front of your phone also makes people less likely to steal it and take it home themselves, it makes it personable. Rather than "finders keepers," it makes you consciously not return it to the rightful owner. Not many people are that out-right despicable when it comes down to it. Having a password to open the phone helps out a bit too =)

Works on iPod Touch and iPad too.

I think there is both a FREE and PAID version of this app. I have the paid version, but I downloaded it while it was still free.

NpFLP.jpg

• 3 months later...