groovyPost Forums

Making backups on your Android

Hello!

Im the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S. As you all know its an android device. And im doing almost everything with it. So I want to protect my stuff thats on my device. And we all know the Tao of Backup, so lets backup http://www.taobackup.com

We have all read the stuff that MrGroove wrote about Dropbox, and since some time there is another app that intergrates beautifull with Dropbox. Its the backup and restore app from Sprite!! You can get it for every mobile platform. http://www.spritesoftware.com

Back it up

Steps:

1- Buy the app in the market or at the site for just 4.95 dollar (paypall)

2- Install the app

3- Open the app

4- Select "Make backup"

5- Select a goal : Device, Storage card, Box.net or Dropbox

6- Select excisting backup to replace or make new

7- Select "make new" and give it a name

8- Select what you want to back up and make the backup

Depending on the amount of stuff, it can take some time to make the backup. After making it, your device will send it to Dropbox. It could be wise to do that with a wifi connection, although using a normal 3g connection works also.

In you Dropbox account you will find a folder named "Sprite Backup". In that folder can also be found a folder named "Scheduled" if you made a schedule, like I did, every night at 03:00. You can change that anytime.

Restore

When you want to restore a backup just start up the app, select restore, select the location and select a backup. Thats it.

Have fun making backups. Its worth the few bucks.