groovyPost Forums

Postini with Google apps premier

Guest suejes

Hi

Google offers an integration of Postini Message security with Google Apps.Would like to know if anyone has integrated Postini with their Google apps account? If their experience has been good and whether it is easy to administer. I have trawled the forums and some are super happy with Postini, while others wish they had never used the service. Any thoughts?

Hi McGroove

We have signed up for GAPE, do not have multiple domains, so we can integrate Postini Message Security for free. When I visited the Google Postini Forums - there was very little praise and a lot of complaints,- like about huge amounts of Spam some people has received, a support service that left a lot to be desired, and difficulties many had encountered trying to cancel the service if they were already using stand-alone Postini and then wanted to go overto G Apps ...it was not for the faint-hearted who might have just activated it, and then afterwards took a wander into the forums.

I was just wondering if anyone had used the integrated version with GAPE, and if they had encountered problems re. Spam or malware.

Thanks

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone had used the integrated version with GAPE, and if they had encountered problems re. Spam or malware.

Hi Sue,

We used the postini service at work and they are great. We had them before Google bought them. They are the 900 pound gorilla in the space and if you want a CLEAN inbox, use postini.

We dropped postini and went to Messagelabs only because of price. Personally, if you dont have multiple domains going, you should turn on postini for sure!

Hi Shockersh

We migrated over to GAPE 1st. Oct and decided to try Google servers first, with the plan to use Postini later, if all went well and smoothly with the migration. So far so good. :D Glad to hear your experience of Postini was a good one, great to get feedback and a recommendation from someone who had used it - thanks.

Sue