groovyPost Forums

Windows 7 and Dell D600 laptop

Guest ricky22

Find the producer of your soundcard, get to the site and download the driver you need. Then install en see what happens after a reboot.

Did getting the latest windows 7 driver from the DELL website fix your issue?

Did getting a new driver solve your problem?

I bought my Toshiba 555-t10 in december, with Win7 Home64 ready to go. So I never had any problem with drivers or installing drivers. I use Driver Magician to keep my drivers up to date. Dont forget to backup your previous drivers. Whenever I install a new driver I backup the previous one to my Synology DS-110. Same goes for the new driver. When ever a new driver appears, all previous ones go to the "old" folder, and the latest one to the "new" folder. If you can, back it all up. Its worth the effort.

• 1 month later...

You have no sound Cause your Computer drivers are too old.Windows Find new drivers and istall them but not old.Find your Laptops Drivers on internet.If you dont Know them go to Start menu Right Click on Computer,Properties And then A window Pops out with the Windows Experience index of your Computer Click on it.5939488f11c30_WindowsXPINDEX.png.8194f62cc8828b86ef285f5e15e3dd48.png And A window is gonna Pop Out.There you Look Something that sounds Like a Audio Card :lol::D And You Should be done

5939488f1c0cb_WindowsXPINDEX.png.a048d18715f85b1d917eaa8378f29435.png

@Kumanina - The windows experience index does NOT show the sound carmodelI personaly think that downloading the larest version of Lavalys' Everest will help you determine what model is your soundcard. And, of course, you can check the Dell website for any driver updates.

Posted with my phone.