groovyPost Forums

select emails drop in Outlook 2007

Guest ceslawton

Guest ceslawton

I get my mail using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. On some mail, I can hear the mail come in, I can watch the progress bar, then the message just goes away! It's now happening on an email from my daughters. It doesn't go to the deleted file. The spam folder and the junk folder never has anything in it. It just plain disappears. I don't have any rules, that I know of.

However, the message comes in on my Iphone and I can retrieve it on my go daddy webmail account. It just doesn't show up on my lpatop. I have checked the blocked receivers, etc. I'm at a total loss, but it is imperative I receive all my emails. In Account Settings, the selected email account delivers new email messages to the following location: Personal Folders\Inbox in data file C:\Users\Ces Lawton\AppData\...\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook11.pst . Is there anything out of the ordinary with this?

Any thoughts?

Greetings

I get my mail using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. On some mail, I can hear the mail come in, I can watch the progress bar, then the message just goes away! It's now happening on an email from my daughters. It doesn't go to the deleted file. The spam folder and the junk folder never has anything in it. It just plain disappears. I don't have any rules, that I know of.

However, the message comes in on my Iphone and I can retrieve it on my go daddy webmail account. It just doesn't show up on my lpatop. I have checked the blocked receivers, etc. I'm at a total loss, but it is imperative I receive all my emails. In Account Settings, the selected email account delivers new email messages to the following location: Personal Folders\Inbox in data file C:\Users\Ces Lawton\AppData\...\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook11.pst . Is there anything out of the ordinary with this?

Any thoughts?

Greetings Ceslawton and since this is your first post here, Welcome to groovyLand!

Here's my first thoughts. sorry if this is all a bit random but with issues like this one, you will need to try several things....

I get my mail using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7

Ok. Fairly easy then since this is a supported config.

However, the message comes in on my Iphone and I can retrieve it on my go daddy webmail account. It just doesn't show up on my laptop.

Ok. Interesting. If the email is still sitting in your inbox in the godaddyWebmail account, that means that for some reason the email is getting pulled out of your OUTLOOK inbox and put somewhere "or deleted". Since it's still sitting in your Godaddy account i'm going to assume you are using POP to sync your email from them with Outlook?

You need to double check all your Outlook Rules first. Make sure you don't have any rule that is deleting your email.

In Account Settings, the selected email account delivers new email messages to the following location: Personal Folders\Inbox in data file C:\Users\Ces Lawton\AppData\...\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook11.pst . Is there anything out of the ordinary with this?

This was going to be my other point. I had an issue one time where a user logged into 2 different machines at work. Outlook was configured on one of them to deliver new email to a .PST file. Well he forgot about this and logged into another computer. Each time an email arrived, it would show up on the 2nd machine then vanish. Gone... I ran around and finally discovered that he had a 2nd computer that was taking the email and putting it into the .pst file. GRRRR.....

So my question is, do you have another computer somewhere that might be pulling down email?

Also, are you looking in the right INBOX on the left sidebar of Outlook? You might have more than 1 INBOX folder so be sure to look. Perhaps your just looking in the wrong .PST file inbox folder.