groovyPost Forums

How-To take screen captures in Vista?

Steve Krause

Hello Reader!

Printing the screen in Vista is just like it was in XP. Just hit print screen or ALT print screen to print just the window your using.

In regards to Snagit, I've had no problems using it in Vista. What version are you using?

Last question - Free software? Well Vista comes with a free screen capturing software called Snippit. Take a look here: How-To Install or Enable Windows Vista Built-In Snipping or Screenshot Tool. A while back I wrote an article on how to enable the Built-In Vista Tool for taking screenshots. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

• 1 year later...
Guest peterson

I think first you need to install the windows Vista "Snipping Tool" on your Quick Launch Toolbar then I will show you how to do a screen capture., click on the "Snipping Tool" link and the "Snipping Tool" should appear in the center of your screen and then capture a screen shot.

The Vista Snipping Tool is "ok" but you should spend the $30.00 and buy a copy of Snagit. MUCH better. Truly amazing software if your an IT support guy (like me).

I disagree. the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Snipping tool is almost all you need these days. It can highlight and take a screen capture easy! I personally assigned the shortcut to the snipping tool to a keyboard shortcut and now it's simple with just a few clicks!