groovyPost Forums

Windows 7 Clock appearance

Guest headhntr

Guest headhntr

I have used a program called TClockEx on my XP machines; it changes the look of the clock and you can configure exactly what you see. I don't believe that it is compatable with Windows 7. Does anyone know of a way to customize the look of the clock in the tray?

Thanks

Hi headhntr welcome to the site and thanks for the question!

As far as I know there isn't any software out yet for modifying the clock in Windows 7. Unless you're speaking of just the Clock Gadget. There is a way to modify both the gadget and the system tray clocks if you are code savvy, but it can get very complicated (especially the system tray) and would require an intensive and long process.

In the meantime the closest thing I know of is SkinnyClock [Link]

2lurloy.pngoibp1w.png

It will allow you to customize the format the date and time is displayed and runs in the background. It's similar to the Clock gadget with the ability to create its own hoverable clock. The gadget like hoverable clock has 20+ customizable looks, which range from super groovy to just plain ugly, but they all work.

It shouldn't affect performance becausethe memory footprint is pretty small, 4 MB.

• 1 month later...