groovyPost Forums

Let's talk Loki!

Jeff Butts

Hi @Jeff Butts

It's been such as crazy weekend, I've not started on Season 2 yet but, I have to say, Loki Season 1 was probably my favorite spin-off / made-for-TV Marvel show on Disney Plus. I think it ranks up there with Andor which again, is probably the best Star Wars streamer. Mandalorian was pretty good but then in Season 3 it seems like they changed directors or writers and it all went sideways.

SO! As I watch Loki Season 2 E1 today, fingers crossed the quality remains as high! I'll report back once I watch it.

2 hours ago, shockersh said:

Hi @Jeff Butts

It's been such as crazy weekend, I've not started on Season 2 yet but, I have to say, Loki Season 1 was probably my favorite spin-off / made-for-TV Marvel show on Disney Plus. I think it ranks up there with Andor which again, is probably the best Star Wars streamer. Mandalorian was pretty good but then in Season 3 it seems like they changed directors or writers and it all went sideways.

SO! As I watch Loki Season 2 E1 today, fingers crossed the quality remains as high! I'll report back once I watch it.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Yeah, Andor was awesome...Book of Boba Fett had so much potential, but ended up half the episodes as previews for Mandalorian Season 3. I really enjoyed Ahsoka but wish there'd been more episodes!

On 10/9/2023 at 10:56 AM, Jeff Butts said:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

So far so good. I liked E1.

The production quality and acting was actually pretty good. It's really hard to not be great with Owen Wilson tbh... That said, will have to see how it develops and if they can keep the story going. 

Is it just me however or did Loki's girl friend (in the mcd's) age about 20 years? These last 2 years have been rough on that one!!!

image.png.bc351837e58e5aa1bdb8ea3ec09a9279.png

ugh...

On 10/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Brian said:

Don't watch until all eps released. Getting bored with MCU anyway. End Game should have actually been the end.

I get that...I'm not really a binger, though. I often have a hard time staying interested in a movie longer than 2 hours, so watching back-to-back episodes of a series is almost a non-starter for me.

Boredom with the MCU...the recent series, and even a couple of the movies, didn't do much for me. Secret Invasions was good, though, and I do enjoy Loki. I never made it through the first episode of Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk lost me after 3 or 4 episodes, I think.

• 5 weeks later...