groovyPost Forums

Starfield...love it, hate it, meh?

Jeff Butts

So, I only recently got back into console gaming. Bought an Xbox Series S a couple of months ago, the first console I've owned since 2015.

Just in time, too...as Bethesda released Starfield. Even better, it's on Xbox Game Pass, so I don't have to pay anything extra for it!

I'm loving the game, mostly. enjoying the many possibilities throughout the galaxy. I do wish some of the NPCs had more random statements to make, though...if I hear one more Crimson Fleet Flayer tell me I'd be dead already if I weren't in the fleet, I might just do a Quicksave and go on a rampage.

Any other Starfield players in the forums? What do y'all think of it so far?

36 minutes ago, shockersh said:

ahh... I didn't realize it was a Game pass game. I'll have to give it a shot. Is it a fast-paced game?

Yes and no...the combat scenes can get hairy, but the game as a whole is a long one. There's a whole galaxy to explore, lots of different activities you can get involved in...mining, crafting, pirating, etc. There are several quest lines, from the main quest and various faction quests to side quests and jobs. I think I've racked up just more than 6 days of play time, and still have plenty to explore.

• 6 months later...

So... I went ahead and tried it out. It was.... for a few hours. Perhaps it was too big for me or the open world format or? I'm not really sure. I got it installed but never opened it up again after the first few days of playing with it. I jumped back into RDR2 which is where I've been stuck for the last few months.

14 minutes ago, shockersh said:

So... I went ahead and tried it out. It was.... for a few hours. Perhaps it was too big for me or the open world format or? I'm not really sure. I got it installed but never opened it up again after the first few days of playing with it. I jumped back into RDR2 which is where I've been stuck for the last few months.

To be honest, I haven't played it in months...after like 3 rounds of NG+, I got bored. If Bethesda ever releases the expansion, I might pick it up again. But for now I'm just spending my time playing MS Flight Simulator.

4 minutes ago, shockersh said:

you are much more patient that I. I tried MS Flight. I couldn't fly more than 5 minutes without crashing...???  Probably a me problem. I heard it's better with a full joystick setup. I'm just using keyboard.

Trying to fly with a keyboard should be classed a violation of the Geneva Convention. It's bad enough with the Xbox controller...which is why I bought a HOTAS flightstick. I may upgrade even that to a full yoke and throttle quadrant at some point.

I'm an aviation enthusiast...was working on my pilot cert years ago but never finished.