groovyPost Forums

How To Uninstall Smile App - Question from Reader

Hello reader,

First, if you're using Windows 7 and you want to change your background, take a look at this article -- http://forum.groovypost.com/windows7/rotate-backgrounds-with-windows-7-t95721.html

It's fairly simple to change the background.

Now -- if this app called SMILE will not let you change the background then yes, sounds like a malicious App (at least in my book) so you should try to blow it away.

Can you point me to the website that you got it from? Using Google it's not really easy to find an App called Smile.

While you do that and I wait for it, I would also go read this article http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-completely-uninstall-software/

That Article written by Brian explains how to fully uninstall software on your computer. Hopefully this helps you but if not, get me the location of that App and the community here will try to help you get rid of it.

-Steve

You need to remove Smile Desktop from the Startup folder (not Start menu) before the Control Panel will let you uninstall the program. Go to Start - All Programs - and scroll down to the Startup folder. Right click on the Smile Desktop icon listed under the Startup folder and select delete in the side menu bar. This is only deleting the icon in the Startup folder- not the actual program. Then go to Start - Control Panel and you can uninstall the program

To make any picture stored on your computer (or a picture you are currently viewing) your desktop background, right-click the picture, and then click Set as Desktop Background.