groovyPost Forums

why most of the icons in my control panel don't work?

Sir/Madam,

I have for quite some time been unable to open some icons of the control panel.

I have tried everything but without any luck.Is formatting necessary or something simple will help.Advance System Care 5 is used frequently wherein one option is windows faults to be fixed.Is a genuine Windows the answer?In India,we are most of the time given pirated programmes but everything was fine all these years.Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha this was a funny one, I would just like to say that if you use advanced system care 5, it very well could be tearing apart your registry slowly. I am not saying the program is no good, but for versions of Windows before Vista and 7, any program that offers to clean your registry will sometimes mistakenly delete files that will affect your Windows installation down the line (you may not notice problems right away). I just had to fix a Windows XP computer that had its network stack corrupted via a registry cleaner, and remnants of Advanced System Care 5 were found in this computer. I would be very careful using the registry cleaning portion if you are using Windows XP, (since User Account Control protects against registry cleaners deleting important system files in newer versions of Windows_).

Go into Advanced System Care Rescue and undo the registry related changes.

and buy a real copy of windows, I am very aware of the piracy problem in India, as well as the expense of buying a real version, but once you buy it, you will always have that registration code to reinstall when you develop problems, (make sure you keep a DVD).

Sir/Madam,

I have tried everything but without any luck.Is formatting necessary or something simple will help.Advance System Care 5 is used frequently wherein one option is windows faults to be fixed.Is a genuine Windows the answer?In India,we are most of the time given pirated programmes but everything was fine all these years.Thanks,

You have a cheek asking how to mend your pirated software. Buy the genuine software or go away.

Sir/Madam,

I think what you are saying is you bought software you thought was legal but you are now getting "Genuine Windows" popups telling you the software might be pirated and some of the icons also don't work in Windows?