groovyPost Forums

Other user's contact lists

In 2010 Outlook, how can I access and use another person's contact list and information (which they have shared with me) when formulating a new email message? What I want to do is click on "to" and then click the drop down "Address Book" and access an email address that it is that shared contact list. I can access my own frequent contacts and other lists that I have created, but I cannot access and use contact information from another user's (frequent) contact list.

I thought that once opened the shared contact list would automatically work as you want it to.

Have you tried typing just the last name and just the first name into the to field.

If the shared contact was originally stored last name, first name then it will only be found by typing the last name.

If it was originally stored first name, last name then it will only be found by typing the first name.

Are you using Exchange? If so...

In Contacts, click Open Shared Contacts.Select another person's name from the address book.Click Ok.

After you've added the list, you may need to add it to the list of contact lists to search. You can do that by pressing <ctrl>+<shift>+B, then clicking Tools, Options, and making sure that the other person's Contact List is in the list at the bottom of the window.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the instructions. I did everything you suggested, but still do not see the other person's contact list at the bottom of the window. Any other ideas/hints?