groovyPost Forums

help on internet sharing

Guest iignis

Guest iignis

hello everyone i am here with one small problem so please help me out by giving me some solution i am going to tell u the prob let me know what should i do. well i am working in rpo office in mumbai and firm is private firm so my problem is regarding with people working in the office well i am the hardware and network administrator and i have 1.2 mbps corporate broadband line of sify and i share this connection from my one server into the switch and i have around 50 pc on this connection now in this people there are 5 to 6 people who always keep downloading in utorrent or bitorrent or any other download manager so i want to stop them i was thinking is there any software i can install on my server and give everyone only 10kb download limit so other can use the internet and do there work...... if u have any question ask me i will give u the answer....... but please give me some solution...

I don't know of an easy way to implement a download quota manager... I bet there is something on the net you can install on all the PC's to do this but I'll have to dig around a bit to find something.

If these are windows boxes and you have Active Directory installed you should be able to create a group policy to block everything but Port 80 or http or block the BitTorrent on the Windows Firewall.

If you don't have Active Directory, you can still block the BitTorrent traffic by restricting it on your main router or firewall to the internet.

Here's the ports BitTorrent users.

TCP 6881-6999.

Hope that helps!

Guest iignis

Hello shockersh and MrGroove first of all I am sorry for replying you late but thanks for your hints I will surely try this one today and see what is the result and I want to say thanks to you shockersh and Mr Groove sorry I have to spell your nick because I don’t know your real name hahah. I will tell you if there is something else on which I need help.

Hello shockersh and MrGroove first of all I am sorry for replying you late but thanks for your hints I will surely try this one today and see what is the result and I want to say thanks to you shockersh and Mr Groove sorry I have to spell your nick because I don’t know your real name hahah. I will tell you if there is something else on which I need help.

Excellent! Hope it helps out!