groovyPost Forums

window defender error "window defender stopped working"

Cubey

Recently windows defender stop working and i get this error code "0x80070424" the specified service does not exits as a service.I checked services and its not listed there ether.This computer recently had McAfee on it but the subscription expired a long time ago and was not very useful so i deleted it.Windows defender stopped working before i uninstalled McAfee.I would like to know how to restart windows defender.

Recently windows defender stop working and i get this error code "0x80070424" the specified service does not exits as a service.I checked services and its not listed there ether.This computer recently had McAfee on it but the subscription expired a long time ago and was not very useful so i deleted it.Windows defender stopped working before i uninstalled McAfee.I would like to know how to restart windows defender.

Do you get that error message each time you reboot or did you only get it once?

McAfee doesn't have anything to do with this BTW so don't worry about McAfee. Have you installed another AV Application yet?

no i only get message when i try to turn on windows defender.