groovyPost Forums

Fixing a FB page

Go to solution Solved by alexmvp,

A young man who was doing community service set up a FB page for my agency. Cannot find him so no idea what the password is. How can I get in, remove incorrect information and use FB usefully for my agency?

Who was the person that send you the young man? Cant you contact the young man through the communityservicecontactperson?

Ouch.... My recommendation would be to contact Facebook and try to get them to authenticate you as the business owner.

Start with email - privacy@facebook.com or ???

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Thanks for both answers.

1. I emailed facebook and they emailed back the help link. No way to contact them directly that I can find!
  2. No one knows where the young man is.

A young man who was doing community service set up a FB page for my agency. Cannot find him so no idea what the password is. How can I get in, remove incorrect information and use FB usefully for my agency?

1. Emailed and they did an auto answer with the list of help subject. My problem now covered, hence my detailed email!
  2. No one knows where the young man is!

Thank you for your help.

It may seem hard to believe but not everyone who is ordered to do Community Service benefits from the experience.

Hopefully someone else will know the secret on how to email a "person" at FB so that this can be corrected. If not I will need to set up a second page and start by disallowing the existing page!

Emailing them is going to be pointless, I would say your best bet is to start over. I'm sure someone around here could help you get up and running again. I've tried to contact Facebook in the past about killing a profile someone made with my email address. I finally did a reset and killed it, but it won't seem to die, and I still to this day have to login in to Facebook with a different email address. Not really a big deal, but very annoying.

Good luck man!